show your Beautiful Blue Pots!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I just adore blue ceramic pots. I even like blue plastic pots, but blue ceramic are my favorite. Today I was at Joann fabrics and they had 50% off all ceramic pots - they were gorgeous! I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

xxxx, Carrie

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Here's a closer look at some of my faves - I love the periwinkle of the tall pot and the bright cobalt of the one behind it. The aquamarine one is from eBay - I got a pair.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I've been trying to buy pots in pairs or sets:

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

This another set - I have yet to paint the #2 pot a blue.

If none of you post, I'll just keep showing my collection.

xxxx, Carrie

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Blue is my favorite color too when it comes to pots.

Here is a strawberry pot with sedums and sempervivums.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Here are two heavy pots (Vietnamese) with a fuchsia in one and a variegated bamboo in the other.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Here is a set of pots that came as nested pots. One has a bay leaf plant in it and the other has some kalanchoe and a yucca in it.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

This is a large glazed pot with a camellia in it. We finally put the camellia in the ground this year after spending the last two years in the pot.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Spring, TX(Zone 9a)

hcmcdole,
can you ID your succulents in the strawberry pot? the red one is GORGEOUS!
thanks!
-abl

Here is another pot that came as a nested bunch of 3 (bought at Sam's Club). This is the smallest pot with a red laceleaf Japanese maple. The largest pot cracked probably from moving it from the front yard to the back yard this past winter.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

The red succulent is a hens and chicks (sempervivum) but I don't know what the name is. Here are some I had at our last house with two different sedums (I think the small sedum is Dragon's Blood and the bluish one is Vera Jameson).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Spring, TX(Zone 9a)

I wish I could find a red H&C around here, but I've never seen one...
Those all look great...Love the mix of colors!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

hcm,

Where did you get those square pots? (I'm assuming you personally didn't go to Viet Nam and bring them back...)

Gorgeous, beautiful, keep 'em coming...

Wait, mine are just empty pots, yours are pots with plants in them! Is that what they're for? LOL

x, C

No, I didn't go to Viet Nam to get those thick pots but there are lots of places that advertise them. I think I got a lot of these at Hobby Lobby when they are having their 50% sale (they always have a sale on something).

Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge, Old Time Pottery, Grand Harbor Imports, Pier 1, Target, etc.

Here are some more blue pots - one with an agave and the other some alocasia.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

My favorite plant is begonias and then add them to blue pots. What more could I want?

Here is Cleopatra.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

This is Pattern in a simple blue pot.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Clearly time for me to get transplanting! I've got a patio full of NOID seedlings, pots full of stuff that needed a real pot real soon, dying pansies for lack of potting soil, perennials that are supposed to be growing up to real plant size.... and then I'm going to Pier 1. (We don't have most of that other stuff here. Just Target, and it's a nightmare.)

Pickle pots at Lowes and Wal-Mart are heavy duty and very affordable.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Here are a scattering of blue pots.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Does blue Delft count?

Here is a crown of thorns in a small blue delft pot (I had to drill a hole in this one).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

One more for now. Some pitcher plants in a Hobby Lobby bowl with no drainage - thank goodness this is a heavy duty pot because it has been outdoors the last two years.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow.. how did you drill a hole w/out breaking it? Pickle jar?

xxxx, Carrie

I used a ceramic bit for my first few pots but the hole comes out ragged and the arm gets tired. I finally broke down and bought a diamond bit - well worth it.

Yeah, I don't understand the pickle part but if you go to Wal-Mart that is how they advertise them (pickle pot instead of pickle jar).

Here is a cobalt blue bowl (no drainage) with several rexes sitting atop floral foam.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Here are some blue pots without plants. These are inside a curio cabinet so the mirror in the back makes it look like two.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

On top of the curio.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Above the front door in dormer window.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I think I have finally found my match in blue class and ceramics!

Discovery Bay, CA(Zone 9b)

Nice collection of blue pots. My favorite color :-)

Also thanks for the heads up on the Joann sale. Stopped off on the way home and found a few pots and other garden items all at 50% off. Not juts pots, but garden art, hanging containers and other misc garden stuff was on sale. I had to limit myself or could have gone crazy in there.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

I hope I'm not too late on this thread - I purchased this beautiful pot several weeks ago. I saw the succulent at the same store and thought that put with the pot, it really made the colors pop! BTW, if anyone knows the name of this lovely plant, please share as I don't know too much about succulents.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

And this one I purchased at Target and planted a Hausten White Plumeria - I think the white and yellow of the flower will complement the blue pot nicely :-)

karen

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful! Keep 'em coming!

One of my new pots broke. :-(

Carrie

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here's my three. I don't know what it is, but I LOVE blue pots! The one on the right in back is a self-watering pot from Gardeners Supply. It's one of their lightweight pots. I've had it for several years. The empty one I just bought, and haven't figured out yet what to do with it.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Phoenix, AZ

I've really enjoyed this thread!
I have blue but no pics right now... see ya later.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I've love sharing compulsions! I don't know what is about blue........

xxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.