Water Canna

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Nice Blooms this is a nother of Alice Harris Canna

Thumbnail by phicks
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Paul, you have so many pretty cannas, do you start most from seed? My luck this year w/ seeds was too embarassing to mention.

And what is this one's name?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes Most From Seeds this ones Glaussa

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

very nice, I just started a little water tub garden with a lotus, and was thinking about which cannas I could use. Will any of the futurity cannas, perkeo, fata morgana, or confetti work in water?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Really like that yellow. If I even think about doing water gardens here I will have snakes and mosquitos galore. lol.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

perko will

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Awesome! now I know where to put the Perkeo cannas, thanks Paul.

And pepper, I change the water in mine frequently to keep away mosquitos, and the cats are on varmint patrol-lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

you can use a small fish tank pump with a air stone to it will stop the
mosquitos, from laying eggs in your buckets

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

That's a great idea, but have no outdoor outlets. I have heard there is an organic tablet(?) you can use to stop mosquitoes. It's just a little 15 gal. container, and so far, it's been easy to keep clean.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i think lowes sells the tablet

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Paul, I would not have thought to look since their selection of organic products are pretty slim. I'll have to check that out.

I did want to put Stuttgarts in it, but I'm sure there's too much sun.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

if you have a shadey wet area it will do good there

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Home Depot sells them also.. they are called mosquito dunks. I found them hanging on the edge of a rack. 6 in a package and you can break them into smaller pieces for smaller surface area water. I have about 1/8th of one in my rain barrel You have to put new in about 1 time per month. They may seem a little expensive but when you think you can break them up, they really arent. I am still using the same package from last year for all my water things.... 4 of them... and I won't need to buy any this summer... unless I got a really big pond. Not likely this year.

Tammie

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Paul,
You did so well with your seeds
I think you have done the best I have seen with seeds :-))
You have some very nice new water cannas!!
Alice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.