Spring containers

(Zone 6a)

Heres a picture of the a few containers I put together this spring. I'm really looking forward to putting the ones together for summer :)

Steven

theis ones a saxifrage

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

heres another with, primrose, vinca, and pansies.
the photo doesn't do it justice though....

This message was edited May 13, 2007 7:24 PM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

heres another with primrose, pansies, and wall cress

(Zone 6a)

Ooops.......heres the photo

(Zone 6a)

whats wrong with me? One more try.....

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Lovely! What are the woody plants?

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh - that is lovely. I have grown and love all of those --- just not in the same container. I just love the combination of color. Here in nw Georgia, my pansies are almost finished after blooming gloriously all winter. And I need to watch vinca - else it takes over. But I do somehow have one large container of primrose that I planted from nursery plants during our mild March. Its yellow blooms are beautiful - and the rose-colored ones are just starting.
Isn't it wonderful how we can all have the same plants -- just different -- depending upon our climate? Plants rule!
jo

(Zone 6a)

Revclaus, the woody plant in the first pic is a forsythia which unfortuately didn't make it through the winter :( And in the second photo its some willow I used in a winter arrangment that was starting to sprout, but it didn't make it either and has since been replaced with a dracnea I over wintered indoors.

Jo, I agree! My primroses have been flowering for a while now and they're just lovely. I've got a yellow one like you and its just covered in flowers and smells of citrus. The pansies are also in full bloom, they'll probably start lagging in a couple weeks. Plants RULE!

Steven

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.