mis ID on trade...

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Hey guys and gals.. I got this in trade as LA geisha eyes... certainly doesnt seem to be. Does anyone purchance recognize it ?

thanks
charlotte

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

Is that one I sent you? LMK, if so I can make it right.

Loretta.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Darn it Loretta... I wasnt going to say anything to you !.

Yes, I got 3 of these labeled as unknown until bloom and they are all like this one. This is the first year they have bloomed. I just wanted to ID them - you dont owe me anything :)

charlotte

Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

Charlotte-No, that is aggravating as heck. I would love to know what they are, too. I have so many of those that came to me as Louisiana & Japanese Iris. Unfortunately when I was preparing to make my move in 2004 none of those had bloomed yet. And the tags faded by the time they were put in the ground. Finally in the last two years plants started to bloom & I was able to see what was going on. I've culled out three huge clumps of those blue ones & two of what I have identified as L. fulva. I' ve identified quite a few of my Louisiana Iris & Japanese Iris in addition to keeping the new ones labeled with a permanent method.

Anyway I can send named varieties because it is not fair to end up with three no-namers. The late freeze totally ruined the Louisiana's blooms this year. Out of over 25 varieties, maybe 5-6 bloomed & it was not an impressive show. lol Please let me send you something. My Mom is coming to visit but after she leaves I can send around the first of June.

So sorry,
Loretta

So anyone know what this blue iris is, just for my own information since I still have it, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.