ID suggestions for this NoID

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I loved this iris but the Iris Garden couldn't find it in their paperwork and thus is was given to me for nothing. It's so distinctive, but I need some additional leads. So far, I'm following Brazilian Holiday but recently have come across a picture of Broad Shoulders. What else might it be?

Thanks for the help.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's a shot of it from this year. It's about 33-35" tall.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Roni-

I'll attach two pictures of mine. But it came from the local iris club sale and they haven't always been accurate. Also, here's a description:

S-lavender white,style arms white-yellow F-plum purple B-yellowish apricot;fragrant

Even though my picture shows the lavender standards, I remember them as being white, so they must lighten after they've been open for awhile.

Neil

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

This certainly looks like yours:

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Dauphin, PA

Neil, what's the name of it? Because I think that's one of my NOIDS as well.

katie

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Well it's getting taller as the season progresses. At the color seems to change as the bloom ages. Mine seems to turn an apricot yellowish and wine.

Dauphin, PA

I had both Brazilian Holiday and Broad Shoulders at one point, so I was thinking mine might be one of them. But Neil's picture looks remarkably close.

katie

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Katie-

Mine was sold as Brazilian Holiday.

Neil

Dauphin, PA

Thanks, Neil. I was leaning in that direction. I ordered a BH from another source to grow next to my NOID patch, and that should help me make a decision.

katie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.