Need ID on this pretty Iris

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hiyaa, I am trying to ID this Iris. I got it marked as an unknown yellow iris from JoanJ in July 2005.
I wouldn't call it yellow, but it does have yellow edges. The falls are more of a mauve color. Large flowers held over 28" from the ground.
I'm going to post several photos.
Thanks Joan for this awesome plant. I just divided it because my mom fell in love with it this spring so I'm splitting the clump with her.
Shown here to the right of the photo along with the lavender Lace Jabot and the burgundy Red Zinger

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

This is an unopened bud

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

from side

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

another view

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

and another

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

and yet another. I'd rather do too many pics than not enough

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

a trio of blooms

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Okay, if you still have some strength after all those photos, I have 2 more unidentifieds that I'm not as gung ho to have names for.
This one is a baby pink and though the blooms were fairly large, they are short. Maybe 14 inches above the ground and held above the leaves.
I got this one from Weegy (Louise) THANKS!

This message was edited May 12, 2007 7:19 PM

Thumbnail by keyi
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

And this one. A vibrant yellow with white in the center of the falls. Huge blooms as you can see by my fingers in the photo. Really tall. 30" plus.
This one is also from JoanJ

This message was edited May 12, 2007 7:18 PM

Thumbnail by keyi
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

The first one looks quite a bit like Easter Bonnet. You should buy a rz of EB for side by side comparisons in your garden.

Dauphin, PA

Consider Golden Fire for the yellow, although it grows to about 40-42" for me.

katie

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I am thinking Easter Bonnet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.