Looking for trading partners in North Georgia (Ellijay area)

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Is there a trading group in North Georgia or anyone in Ellijay/Blue Ridge area that would like to start trading?

Sautee Nacoochee, GA(Zone 7a)

Im not sure.. but I know there are several of us that live up in teh Mtns here- It would be nice to have trading partners for our kind of climate and location (and not have everyone seem to be hours n hours away!)

Nin - Habersham Co.

Ellijay, GA

Wednesday noon May 16

I would like to know more about your ideas. Also, I need help with my flower beds in Ellijay. Do you know anyone who would like to make some extra $$$ ?????

Sautee Nacoochee, GA(Zone 7a)

Mtnqueen,
Im fresh outta ideas at the moment- Mabye you coudl get someone to help with your flowerbeds for trade items?.. (I like the barter system)
Say , someone in teh Elijay area helps you weed or what-have-you-need-for... in exchange for some need plants on thier part? Of course.. $$ is always viable.

Speaking fo Elijay- how did yoru apple crops fair with teh late freeze? Here in Habersham it was alil rough, tho I noticed one of the local orchards trees bloomed late. Unfortunatly its an orchard they dont much keep up. Ironic, isnt it?The only place the let go may be th eonly crop they get.

Nin

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

mtnqueen, I may know someone that would like some extra work but that's not for certain. Seems people think they'd like some extra cash until they have to start working. How big is your garden? I replied to your email tonight and am looking forward to the possibility of sharing ideas, at the very least.

Ellijay, GA

Friday noon May 18

My flower beds are not large but because of bad knees I cannot keep them the way I want them to look. I would like to put in shrubs for fall color. My apple trees look fine but azaleas look dead. I am also determined to grow lilacs and have a pretty good start. I had a gorgeous show of iris and would gladly share those.

My main objective is to have someone weed and trim, etc at least once a month and barter or $$ is fine with me. Would love to share knowledge and enthusiasm for butterfly and hummer plants also. I have a great collection of Fine Gardening magazines and Birds & Blooms that someone would enjoy.

Just throwing out ideas for your input. Thanks to you all for listening.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Butterfly and hummer attractions are right up my alley! I have 2 hummer feeders and we typically have what looks like 3 resident hummingbirds every season. I love them. We (my husband and I) are working all day, every day in our yard while the weather is mild and perfect for being outside but perhaps I can help you out with your work when we get things well established. In the meantime I will be asking around for someone that wants to help you out. What area of Ellijay are you located?

Ellijay, GA

Saturday 8 am

Isn't it gorgeous these days !!!! Just perfect for me, I hate the hot weather. I am located just south of the Super Walmart near the apple houses up on the mountain. I think it technically is East Ellijay. It's a wonderful place and the view is unbelievable. I moved here from Maryland 3 years ago and have always fed the birds, etc but here we have a BEAR who is very much around. It scares me to death so I no longer feed any birds. Once a cub was in my fenced-in yard and once a large bear was on my back deck. So that's why I do not put any seed of any kind out.

Thanks for your interest and I would definitely be interested in finding someone to help. It really isn't a lot to do just stuff I can't do. With this drought it guess it's best not to plant a lot of new things but when fall comes I will be ready with my ideas for fall color in the yard. I have a couple of spots just right for shrubs--for example the red chokeberry sounds like what I would like. Also, there's a shrub called Hardy Ableia that sounds perfect too. I spend lots of time checking all of these out on the internet.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Mtnqueen, sounds like you like in a little slice of bear heaven! We saw a bear here at our home about 4 or 5 years ago, an adolesent that ran off when I walked out on the front porch. No other evidence on our property but our neighbors have seen them on and off as well. I am experimenting with lots of plants that are new to me this year. Just one or two new plants here and there to see if they work in our yard and see how much trouble they will be. We need to find a time to meet and see each others yards if that's of interest to you. I'd really like to see more Ellijay area folks become Internet neighbors and take advantage of experimenting with what grows well around here without having to do all the work and worry in just one yard. I HAVE A DREAM!!! Teehee.

Think Rain!

Koal

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.