Absolutely amazing window/door cornices

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

This find of mine was just too great not to share!

I've been doing a lot of decorating in my new home and really got tired spending so much money on window treatments. I needed to decorate the guest bedrooms and didn't want to spend a fortune, but wanted it to look nice. I was on Ebay one night and found these amazing styrofoam valance/cornice kits! I was a little skeptical at first, but am so pleased with the results!

You can make any size you want as the styrofoam comes in 16" lengths. You just glue them together with a low temp glue gun to the desired length and then add the provided contoured sides. You then cut your fabric and "press it into the grooves" with the tool provided. There's absolutely no-sewing. Even the hanging hardware is provided and they were so easy to mount.

I was going to make wood cornices, pad them and hang them. But, this is actually contoured so the finished product looks like it's padded. It was just a great product and I actually enjoyed making them! The two large ones I made were a little cumbersome as far as length (144") but the small one was a breeze! Had 2 patio door and 1 window valance made and hung in a couple of nights! I like them so much...I'm looking for other windows in my house to make more! hehe.

They keep together well when you add the fabric but are not the sturdiest...but who hangs off their window treatments?

Here's my first guest bedroom I did - Couldn't find the same fabric so I bought an additional duvet cover and took it apart. Still have enough fabric for a sizable side panel. Trimmed it with some fabric I found at Jo-annes.

Thumbnail by KatG
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!