Organic Fertilizer for Fertigation

Aptos, CA

I am going to try fertigation this year for my over 200 plant dahlia patch. I am trying to find a liquid organic fertilizer that won't cost me an arm and a leg...Any ideas??

Thanks

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I've seen the results of compost tea in my yard - vazoom! Could you use that for fertigation if you strained it really well?

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Weed tea's also nice: any of those with that deep taproot.

I'm leary of huge amounts of fish emulsion as some animals are drawn to it.

Adrian, MO(Zone 6a)

especially dandelions.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

What is fertigation?

Adrian, MO(Zone 6a)

fertilizing and watering at the same time. sort of like those miracle grow things you hook up to the water hose.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Len. I guess that I've been doing this all along, and didn't know that it had a special name. This year is the first time that I am using the fish emulsion.

Adrian, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm just guessing lol

Aptos, CA

Fertigation = feeding with irrigation...When you irrigate you also are able to feed a water soluble solution. Preferably organic

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

sudhira, Peaceful Valley Farm supply has a large selection of liquid fertilizers for foliar feeding and fertigation. I've used the Omega products with success.

http://www.groworganic.com/search.html?pCommand=DoSearch&pMode=Search&sText=&sCategory=347

Aptos, CA

Thanks Mermaid...I have their catalog...I am trying to find bulk prices...but I will check them out again..

sudhira, call them and ask them to give you bulk pricing. PVFS supplies farms as well as home gardeners, so they should be able to do that, although they may not advertise that in their catalogue. If they won't do it, at least you have a list of companies that may the types of products you want. You can call them directly.

Here's another possible source:
http://www.agrienergy.net/

Aptos, CA

Cool! Thanks a heap Mermaid!

You are welcome. Go forth and fertigate............!!!
:D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.