Has anyone ever seen either of these?

Manderson, SD

first i must apologize, for i do not have any pictures, these creatures were seen before i got my trusty camera, but i shall attempt to describe them to the best of my abilities...the first is a dragonfly or maybe a damselfly, but it only has one set of wings, and it isnt an injured or deformed one, because there were several of these little jewels flying around. their bodies were solid black and the wings were solid blue, like those beautiful blue butterflies, unlike normal dragonflies the wings were not transparent. i shall enclose a picture of a cobalt blue butterfly for an example of the color of the wings. they were shaped like dragonflies in both bodies and wings (albeit only one pair of wings) which is why i think they are a dragonfly...mostly what i kept thinking was how they looked like little fairies darting here and there.

the second creature is very odd...it looks like a caterpillar, mouse gray in color and has a tail that is nearly as long as its body. it is not a thin guy, but kind of pudgy and if i remember, has 4 tiny little stump like legs. i have searched everywhere and can find nothing that matches either of these. i saw the dragonflies on the Wounded Knee Creek in South Dakota, which i am sad to say is rumoured to be polutted with radioactive material. the caterpillar was found perhaps 600 feet from the creek, but it was in those pots that water lillies come in for ponds, i had let my pond sit over winter, and was checking the state of the bulbs when i discovered him, so i dont know if he came with the bulb, or climbed in to hibernate there.

Thumbnail by SpiritSinger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images