First iris ever!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

My very first iris bloomed today! I have a lot, and none bloomed last year, so this is exciting! It's one of the first things I planted when our house was rebuilt. It's okay to laugh. :-) Sorry the picture is so bad. It just seems like such a milestone!

Thumbnail by McGlory
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

lol It's wonderful! What is the name? It looks a lot like the one I gave you but without the 'horns'.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

It's one of the 200 or so rhizomes I got from a co-workers in 2005. She divided and cleaned out all her iris beds, which she said had been there over 25 years. Probably it's a historic or old farmstead iris of some sort. I didn't know what color any of them were going to be. I promise I won't post pics of each one as it blooms.

I tell you, Moby, it's those little milestones. Just sign me,
Proud Parent

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Congrats, McGlory! I can relate to your excitement because my first-ever Iris bloomed this morning too! It's been a long wait!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Congrats to you too, juju! Where's the picture? We should start a "proud parent" thread. LOL I had a new one this morning too. That's #2!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

McGlory

But we WANT to see pictures of each of them as they bloom!!!

Judy

Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

I don't think your picture is bad - look at the way you caught the sunlight through the petals! Lovely! Can't wait to see the new yellow one!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

McGlory--congrats on your historic TB baby! Isn't spring wonderful?

Seward, NE

It's beautiful McGlory! Congrats! My mystery iris are blooming now too. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.