ok, i am so excited about my black tulips

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

that i just want to post pictures!!!
i take so many, the other morning the little ( 4 or 5 yr old) boy downstairs was looking out and his mom said, "O, is amy out there working on the flowers?" and he said, "No, she's taking pictures AGAIN."
before i ever thought about gardening, i always dreamed of having black tulips.
ahh...

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

and...

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

please humor me...
one more...
(for now)

amy

Thumbnail by amethystsm
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very nice Amy!
Meg, a fellow New Havener, has returned to DG after some time away. Have you bumbed into her yet? She is very nice.
Dave (a former New Havener)

(Zone 4a)

What a beautiful elegant looking flower....just beautiful

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Those are fabulous! They would look stunning in a flower arrangement - and being black, you could combine them with almost anything :-)

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

they are lovely. so nice to have a dream come true

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Good growing, Amy.

This message was edited May 11, 2007 4:42 PM

Lraepasiti - Very nice.

Anyone get it?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

It is a pearl

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thank you all for your king comments!!!

but, sorry - what is Lraepasiti?

no, i haven't bumped into meg yet - but i have had very little online time lately with end-of-semester craziness...

here's a couple more!

amy

i also bought 2 bags mixed queen of night and renown at lowe's. it was late in the season and they were the only queen of nights i could find at all, after the ones i ordered came looking all moldy and bad - i thought they'd be a total loss. but quite a few came up, and as it turns out, i like the renown tulips a lot too... almost irridescent in the sunlight...

Thumbnail by amethystsm
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, though I would call it deep maroon. Seems to be a haven for former New Haveners / Havenites / Havenerians????????

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

one more:

Thumbnail by amethystsm
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Victor, locals say NUH Haven with the accent on the 1st syllable.
Amethyst, Are you a college student or professor? I believe Meg is a professor. Oh, I already answered lraepasiti. Read it backwards.

Am I right schicken?

This message was edited May 10, 2007 10:36 PM

Is there a higher learning facility in New Haven?? I'll be darned.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

You've never heard of South Central CT Community College?!

Actually, Meg teaches at the "other" one.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

hahahha
if by:
You've never heard of South Central CT Community College?!
you mean southern CT state U (SCSU), my partner/significant other/etc is a professor in the theatre dept. there - and i am a full time student... the almost free tuition sucked me in!
(now i am a 35 year old sophmore/soon to be junior. *sigh*)
nothing like taking a 17 year break between high school and college, eh?

o yeah, i think i heard something about another college in new haven - somewhere downtown, is it?

; )
amy

Thumbnail by amethystsm
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey - I took a 12 year break! I HATED high school sooooo much, I was determined to never put myself in that level of tedium again. Started university when I was 29 - it was like I finally found my home. I have never left since. I am the first person in my family to get a degree, and liked it so much, I got two more. So be forewarned, you could spend the better part of your adult life as a professional student :-)

Yes Dave - I guess I am dyslexia (sp) It is a pearl. They are very nice.

Amy - it's never too late! Especially when it's almost free!! Wish I had more time to take classes while I worked at Columbia. I always loved learning. HS was not a challenge so I would do lots on my own. College was good but with engineering, it's so intense that you don't have much time to enjoy it. Especially when you have to maintain a certain average to keep the scholarship. The classes I took afterward - for my own enjoyment - have been much more fun and meaningful. Even classes at the local HS are great. Photography, Hudson Valley History, Edible and Medicinal Plants and Hiking are just some that I have enjoyed.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Amethyst, I did goof. I think the former So. Central Community College is now Gateway. Then there is SCSU. I'm an alum. Got my masters there going nights.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.