What's your fav fertilizer for your adenium?

Cypress, TX(Zone 9a)

Just curious what everyone uses to fertilize their ademium? I used african violet food about 3 weeks ago. I haven't quite decided if I want to give it another go around yet or not. It did poorly at first, but I had just pinched it, it had a little too much water and was inside....so I think all that contributed to it. It is sprouting new leaves now and I can see little buds of where branches want to begin. I put it outside now and try to pay attention to the weather to bring it in when it's going to rain. Anyway, I'd really like to know what has worked best for other ademium lovers! Mine it seems was a cutting so it is not developing a caudex. However, I saw some pretty ones at Lowe's for 14.99. All the others I've seem are 29.98. I'm really tempted to get another one!

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

I haven't been growing them for long but I have 5 species (1 is a hybrid), using Osmocote mixed into the potting mix. The growers told me that was good for them. The ones that are growing very rapidly now are getting Peter's 20-20-20 at half-strength every other week, soon will switch to a bloom booster food. The A. arabicum seedlings are the exception : no food yet until they are plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.