ID Pls

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I think this some type of texensis but your help will be greatly appreciated in obtaining an accurate ID.

Thumbnail by vossner
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

another view

Thumbnail by vossner
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

You should post this on the clematis forum. I would agree it is a texensis.

Moody, TX(Zone 8a)

It is one of our Texas natives. Clematis Pitcheri. There is also a pink one. I have searched for them ever since I first saw one. I now have both. I got the blue one a couple of years ago and it gets better each year. Is already blooming and will continue until frost. My pink one is still very small. I am hoping it will catch up with its blue sister. Great plants.

Patsy

I love the little clematis bells.
If you have these, you probably have a ton of elves working mischief in your garden at night. When shovels and pruners go missing, they are generally the cause.
They love using these types of flowers for hats, water pitchers and the occasional grog mug.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, gordo.
In that case I've got to wake up in the middle of the night in search of those adorable elves.
Yesterday I found these very blooms (3 pairs) of these beauties on my 2 year-old volunteered vine in my garden by my "Jackmanii" Clem . So I posted pics. on the plant identification forum. So far no one has correctly name them. Yesterday, I temporarily called it "Jackmania" but thanks to patsy_b, I now know of its heritage. One guess I have is that Jackmanii's offspring reverted back to its parentage, the texenisis species? Either way, I'm tickled pink I've these beauty... A real bonus. And I won't go mislabel them as to its origin. Thanks Patsy_b.
Kim

This message was edited May 20, 2007 12:36 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.