A couple more unidentified clematis.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok here is the first one. I am pretty sure this came from Trader Joe's

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is the second one.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Marie..Your first one looks like clematis "Rhapsody" and your second one resembles clematis "Polish Spirit"(not 100% sure on that one)...Jeanne

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jeanne. I will mark them I now have to of the polish spirit because I did not know I already had one :o)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Marie - Rhapsody is really pretty! : ( Today I was aggressively ripping out ground cover and accidently took a clematis with it - right at the crown - it even had little buds on it grrrrr, have to wait until next year to see what it is... and I have no one to blame but myself.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have one that the cats have pretty much did the same thing to. Twice this year so far. After the last time I see no signs of life. It is making me crazy cause I got an avante garde last year and it is not planted where I thought it was so I was waiting to see if this was it.
Why he thinks he needs to play so close to the house I do not know.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

they (cats) kinda go bonkers in the spring (kinda like us, I guess : ) -I have three bells on my cats collar to warn the birdies right now... he doesn't care about them except for springtime ? little ding dong... sorry - I hope it's not your avante garde that's been ripped out!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah I am hoping that too. This poor clematis has been ripped out so many times I do not kow how it can go on. I do have one more unknown that is not showing any blooms yet. I am holding out hope that it is my avante garde. My outside cat butterscotch is always like that. I would put bells on him except that if there is any chance he is going to get another gopher I cannot ruin that .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.