bloom master planters

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

does anyone have these bloom master pots... this is my first year trying them out...(and new to containers as it is)... I am looking for any advice with there use... potting soil, best plants, ect

Allison

http://www.bloommaster.com/

PS... all the seedlings are in my dinning room because of a frost warning tonight

Thumbnail by onewish1
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Those pots look interesting! I'll have to check out their prices tomorrow (while I'm hard at work)! lol

Which size do you have?

Nichole

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I picked up the 2 - 11", 2 - 12" and the 20" box planter.... I am thinking the 12" is going to be too heavy for anything I currently own.... (not sure what these things are going to weigh once filled)... the box I am planning on just placing it on a bench or my retaining wall.... but my honey is working on figuring out how to make a sturdier hanger for me

beside the list on the bloom master site... I found this one... had some good info on it

http://www.sideplanting.com/

(edit)
they do have the weights listed on the bloom master site....

http://www.bloommaster.com/productinfo.html

This message was edited May 7, 2007 8:50 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I think Tomtom knows about these type of containers; they have a similar product in Japan. Check here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/706215/

There was actually I group of DGers who were going to order some from Japan (because they felt they would give them results just like Tomtom's) - I don't know if it ever went through.

Here ends everything I know.

xxx, Carrie

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well the 20" box planter is full.... I will send updates as the season goes on

Allison

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

side shot

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

other side

Thumbnail by onewish1
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice work, Allison!

xxxx, Carrie

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am fascinated at ordering this way.,..must check out the sites....good going
gail

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks... note if you are going to try this... can't plant anything larger than a 3" pot in the sides.... big mistake I made.... picked up some supertunias in the 5" ... figured they had two plants in each pot... separate them and boom two spots filled

not as easy as I thought.... I had to remove all the dirt off the roots to get them to fit through the little side holes

Waterville, VT(Zone 4b)

If you are looking for a side planting hanging pot, also look at the plantopia hanging basket planters. There is a vendor on ebay who sells them. They will take a four or five inch pot out the side. It is the strongest and best made hanging basket that I have personally seen.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks hoya... will have to look into that

edit - I checked them out... very nice thank you... might pick some up for next year

This message was edited May 19, 2007 10:48 AM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well... this is what I have so far... we did end up putting new posts in for the hangers... the metal ones I had were not going to cut it

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

2nd one

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

3 week update on the box planter

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

left side

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

right side... not full yet... but getting there

Thumbnail by onewish1
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Allison,

Those are looking FABULOUS!!! Not the least part due to your careful babying of those plants! (Mine are looking a little crispy around the edges... And none of my containers look anything like as full and lush and happy as yours do.) Congratulations - you made it work!

xxx, Carrie

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it helps to put the polymer gels in containers to avoid crispy stuff... watering them twice a day doesn't hurt either

:)

but thanks

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

ROFLMAO! Yeah, I guess watering more often might help. I'll have to give that a try. Seriously, now, how are you finding those gels? I have some but I'm afraid to use too much, and then who knows?

xxx, Carrie

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

when the roots in pots are not formed yet it could be a problem if you use too much... they work there way up to the surface.... but well rooted plants :::knock on wood:::: i have seen no other problems

when we had 4 or 5 inches of rain in a day a lot of them popped up to the surface of the pots

but I really do think they help... next year I am going to try and grind them up to a smaller size... some just get too large

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Last spring, 2006, we got as much rain in 6 weeks as we're supposed to get in 6 months! We started building arks! It washed away everything. Plants in containers without holes drowned. Plants in containers with holes inside other containers drowned too. Seeds washed away. Plants in containers with holes did ok, if they were jungle plants!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's a terrible story... sorry to hear that... I would have been crying.... a lot of work goes into what we do... but then again last year groundhogs ate everything I had.... you just never know

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My elephant ears was HUGE!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

6 weeks

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

back yard

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

other one

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

close up

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

shady ones

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

/

Thumbnail by onewish1
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Allison... you sold me!!!
Beautiful!
Lovely!! I must own them now!!

Susan

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just remember you can only plant 2" or 3" pots in the tiny holes

:)

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Did you pay full retail for them?? I saw they are a little pricey.. I know they will last forever, just had thoughts of trying to make some of my own possibly??

Susan

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes i did.... i picked them up over the winter

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

another update for ya

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the shady one

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

front

Thumbnail by onewish1