Uh-uh 24 degrees tonite????

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I'm not too happy to see the prediction of 24 degrees here overnight. I'm sure to lose all my peach blossoms so there go those. I could lose all the bulbs and the dls are just recuperating from the cold early spring. And one seller sent me dls 2 weeks early and I planted them. Feh!

(Zone 4a)

It happens - what can I say?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I think your bulbs & dls will be fine (I hope). It amazes me how accurate that "last frost date" is. Here it is May 15 and it seems we can be having warm weather, then on May 14 it will drop below 32.
Good luck!

Thanks, Dave. How cold will it be in Guilford?

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

boojum....I'm almost next door to Guilford and the prediction now is 31.

When I read your thread, it was 32. Have plants in the back of a truck I've been pulling into the garage at night. Wasn't paying much (any) attention to the weather until I saw your thread. Didn't want to chance the garage so moved everything into the house. Appreciate the heads up.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hummmm . . . I guess I better check the seedlings in the back of my truck! springfield is usually warmer than other areas, let's hope everthing didn't freeze

I woke up at 5AM and the temp was 37.4. Yay!!!

Beachwood, OH

define Feh ?
never heard that one!

Yiddish for "I give up the whole business." There's a hand gesture like your pushing your plate away and you turn your head away after you say it.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yep . . . same here, didn't freeze, seedlings survive another night! :-)

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Boojum:
Hope your plants (and others in Shelburne Falls) came through ok. I'd hate to think of that famous bridge without its bouquet of flowers.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

According to my outdoor thermometer, the coldest it hit last night was 43.4 degrees and there was no frost. I heard inland the temperatures were much cooler.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

And tonight is supposed to be warmer. Hopefully we are out of it, but keep your ears open for the next week (longer if you're north of here)

Beachwood, OH

Hope you made it through the other night!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

My big concern is the day . . . I have about 90 little ( and boy, do I mean little! - just 4 little leaves) petunias that I started in February. I wanted to put them in hanging baskets and containers.

I have put them in the sun, hoping it was just the lack of light on the front veranda (and the lack of heat) that was stalling them.

I will be home for part of the day, so I can give them a drink before the 1 pm exam.

Are any of my annuals going to be big enough to actually plant before October???

HA! Hope so. They will prolly have a growth spurt once the conditions are better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.