Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Candida"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Henryii" blooms are huge this year

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh Jeanne, they are all so gorgeous!! I would love to see your yard. I really like the delicate pink of Fairy Dust.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Jeanne, love the blooms on Dr. Ruppel. I just planted mine in April, from Debbie, and it is half way up a 5' chain link fence.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW, so many gorgeous blooms! I really like "Galore" and "Voluceau"!

(Zone 4a)

I have to admit - I am addicted to your photo's. Your clematis are so pretty and you really do take great photo's. I always keep looking for more!!!! keep posting them!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Jeanne--
since you are THE QUEEN of clems.... (I just saw your journal, OMG !!!)-- I have a question, the Nelly Moser I bought at Wal-mart was in a tiny pot... so I put it in an 8" square pot with a small trellis.... how long will it live like that? This is my FIRST EVER clematis, so I need some coaching....

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Jeanne, I've gotta get Fairy Dust!! I love it. Love Voluceau and Candida too.

I'm confused about Snow Queen. Is it the same as Claire de Lune or is that CdL and Blue Moon that's the same. I have one that I thought was labeled Blue Moon but it looks just like your Snow Queen.

Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shoobnanny..Those itty bitty clematis that come from Lowe's and Walmart should be potted up in a one-gallon pot and kept moist..once you see roots coming out the bottom then they are ready to go directly into the garden..NOW..I will tell you I've bought those and planted directly into my gardens BUT I'm very anal about keeping them moist..I also have potted them up as I said in Spring and by fall they were ready to go into my gardens..I see you are from Baytown..so hey neighbor..LOL..kinda..you know we have very wet cool fall/winter..so I find planting them at that time into the garden is the best as with our rains etc and the cool temps they can focus on growing their roots which is essential for their survival and longevity!!
Hey Debbie..No "Snow Queen" and "Claire de Lune" are totally different clematis ..while they Might appear similar...The coloring along the outer edges of the Sepal and the anthers are different in color...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Here's mine that 'I think' was labeled Blue Moon about 5 years ago.

Thumbnail by baja220
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Another one.

Which one did you just post?

Thumbnail by baja220
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The last one I posted is "Claire de Lune"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.