Help with ID's if possible

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/journal/j/vbc/Scorpioangel/48695/

I have some of the Iris I have to ID listed in my journal (the above link). If anyone would like to help try to ID this please take a look. If more pics are needed I will take them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes a look ;)

DebiV

Here is one I am trying to ID
36" tall, vigourous grower, lots of flowers on each branch, good substance to petals

Thumbnail by Scorpioangel
Philadelphia, PA

Could it be Vanity

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Hi Debi ,
I don`t have any Irises here .
So I`m no help at all .
I just wanted to say what a lovely Picture you presented to us .
Thank you for sharing . Kell

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

Thank you Kell.

I'm not sure that it is 'Vanity'. The S on 'Vanity' seems to be taller in the pics I have seen.

the B on mine is white just barely tipped with color. Other than that they do seem to match.
thanks ;)

DebiV

Here is a close-up of the beard area

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Anna Belle Babson.

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

Thank you weegy12.

edited to say ...
the beard is the wrong color for Anna Belle Babson ... mine is not tangerine at all.
and I had it before she was introduced.
This message was edited May 5, 2007 2:58 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2007 3:04 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Debi, whatever it is it is a beautiful pink! I love the soft color and the white splash on the falls! Just lovely!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I recognize it but just thought it might be Anna. Let me look at my pics and see what I have that it might be

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yes, Margie's photos are awesome, that's why I asked her to send me one! I'll post pics tomorrow if you want to see some irises all you iris lovers.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

I`m in for that .

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

The delicate pink with white is just delicious .... I thought it would be fairly easy to ID since the beard is so white .... boy was I wrong :( I have looked at dozens of pinks lately.

Post away weggy12 ..... it can only help those of of who have been given NOIDs (such as my pink one)

DebiV

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Debi, I've seen and grown lots of pinks but I don't recognize that one. I hope there is an ID for it. You know - quite a number of years ago "unnamed" varieties were sold in catalogs as "seedlings" and distributed in that manner. They were never registered or given names. Not ALL irises are "registered and named" varieties. The majority are, but some exist which are not. I'm NOT saying that this is the case for yours, but if no ID can be found (anywhere), then this may be a reason why. Keep your fingers crossed that we can ID it for you.

Where did you get this iris from?

~Margie

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

Margie,
Almost all of my Iris were given to me by a nieghbor about 1986/7. When she gave them to me she said some were old and some were new, I think they were all named when she got them, she didn't think names were important ... :( She got them from another local person who was starting an Iris business, so I would think that some are from the early 80's and back.

I sure hope that it has a name, it is just a beautiful soft shade of pink.

Again last night, I was looking at lots of photo's and descriptions and I came across one called 'California Pink' with only a description, but, it is listed as:
Self, Light bright orchid pink, B:lilac-white; very popular older iris, Hybridizer-Heller 48/x,
does anyone have a pic of this?

DebiV

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I looked to see if I could find one, and I couldn't find a one. There are so many pinks in existence, I hope you find the name of this one.

~Margie

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Pink Taffeta, Cherished Gift, an offspring of Vanity, endless possibilities. The only way to know for sure is to grow the real thing near your "wannabe" and wait until one day they both bloom at the same time, with all colors equal.

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/34450/index.html

I think this might be it. (At least this is what I am going to call it unless someone says otherwise). Of all the pinks I have looked at this is the best match of form, color, and bloom time. Thanks for everyones help on this one.

DebiV

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Debi, I think you found it! Yea!!! Congratulations! It is just beautiful and now I can try to find someone that has it for me to get some! Thanks!

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

JanetS
If you think that it will acclimate to the east coast I will gladly share with you. Here is a pict of the clump in full bloom. I think I can share a couple of fans. ;)

DebiV

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You have dmail!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.