Problems with CA Internet Security Pkg.

Tremont, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi,
I installed CA Internet Security on my pc in October of '06. I couldn't get part of it to work, & now the anti-virus is causing my pc to lock up, besides being extremely slow. Yesterday I disabled the email scan & that helped some, but today had my email lock up again, so I've decided to find something else. I went back thru some of the old threads & think I'll download AVG & save it, then uninstall CA completely & install AVG. I just don't want to be vulnerable to a virus w/o something on my pc while I change from one to the other & thought that might work.

I've been using the Windows Firewall because the CA firewall wouldn't even let me out on the interent, so I uninstalled it. Do you think that the Windows Firewall is all I need or is there another Firewall that would do a better job? I'm also going to be doing this on my laptop, as we'll be traveling this summer & will be using WiFi & DSL where we stay & want it to be safe.

I also Have Windows Defender on my both my pc & laptop & was told that it was all I needed for spyware. Do you agree with this or is there a better way to go?

TIA,
Jan in Central Illinois

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!