Houseplant Swap - May

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I am now taking names, addresses and list of your haves/wants.

Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to. I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

****If you wish to join please dmail me your name, addy, list of what you have to swap and what you would like to receive from the swap. - to expedite signups, please included all information on one dmail, I will then use that dmail to send your buddy. This is very important on make this go faster, everything this way is one dmail. I will try to make sure you have a new buddy, this was something I didn't do until late last year however will try to accommodate this feature earlier.

Rules are listed below.
1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants, this is a swap not a give away.
2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4, however these should be different plants, not 4 of the same (the smaller number will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.
3. Sign ups will runs until May 10th.
4. Mail by date is May 22nd or you can mail sooner if you want to. Just make sure ok with your buddy.
5. Post to forum when you pkg is mailed and when you receive.
6. If you have not sent a pkg from a previous swap, I will hold your info until that swap is complete before adding to the list.

You may sign up more than once if you so wish, it it get to big fo rme to handle I reserve the right to stop this at any time. I do include my disabled sister in the swaps, if anyone has a probelm with this as she is not a member I will remove her. I do usually take any who sign up late if I can. This way to include all I can in these swaps.

Please be open to the same old common plants, you can always use then in trading, this way it allows some newbies to be involved.

CLEAR AS MUD I HOPE!!! Dmail me any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns. I also do my best to make sure everyone gets a box even I or another generous donor has to make the box to send.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

ok, you twisted my arm..

sign me up :o)

Char

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

please add me on!!!
Eufaula!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Count me in again ! : ))
Thanks,
Nancy

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I would like in...
Susan

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Me too.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Buddies will go out this afternoon.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

All buddies have been sent. Hope all enjoy, we have 9 buddies this month.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Yaaay!!! Im off to the Post Office in about an hour!!! This is so much fun!!!!! Hmmm, lets see, Ive got a box, ......there is the little pot of...... Oops , almost goofed up the surprise!!! Hold on , ......gotta get the tape,.......some bubble wrap,.... tape.......Hmmmm,...Got It!!! Here I go ...... PO here I come!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

You are on the ball Eufaula. I will more than likely mail mine on Tuesday. Haven't had much time to day to box anything up yet.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Eu, You are sure fast.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Im sorry, I recieved some distressing news ,right after i talked to you guys and I missed the 12:00 Saturday Closing! I drove all the way down there ,only to find the doors locked! (Shooot!) Oh well , I am on my way now and I repacked the plants so everything is set for a good delivery ,maybe by day after tomorrow! So be on the look out ,snboyken!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Eu I hope everything is okay by now.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

HOpe all is well. You didn't have to send it out today, take whatever time youneed.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh thanks Y'all! No Im fine ! Just heard that my Grandson who graduates next month is planning to do the military thing ,to further his education. I know we cant talk political here, but Im just a stressing Grandmother , and we ALL know WHY!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Eu I know it is stressful for you. I felt the same way when my Grandson was talking about it.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

My son talked and did it and not easy let me tell you... I will keep you all in our prayers...
My swap wont get out until Friday I am sorry to say... but it will get there... :-)
Susan...

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Char,Your box went out on Monday.You should have it today or tomorrow.So much on my mind I forgot to post the confirmation number to let you know it was on its way.#0103 8555 7490 0050 4772 Hope you enjoy what I picked for you.
Nancy

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

OOPS!! Sharon I forgot to get the confirmation number! Your package was mailed yesterday, Hopefully you will get it tomorrow! I hope the temps will cooperate and all the little plants get there okay!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Nancy,

I got your package today..Thanks so much!!! I love them all...you were so generous with your cuttings....They are all potted up already and enjoying there new home.

Thanks Again,

Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I am happy you liked them Char.They look pretty as a picture! LOL How did you get that neat looking frame around your pic of them?That is so cool!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Nancy,

I have a program called CompuPic Pro...i love it, i can resize all pics, fix the color, or red eye... very neat program. Well it has all sorts of frames and i can put writing on the pic to...very neat...i will do some more with it tomorrow if i have time, hubby is waiting on me bed...heaven forbid him go to bed with out me...lol

Char

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL Char your hubby sounds like mine.Too cute aren't they??
I just went to the website for your program and that really looks like a neat one.It does everything!! hmm I have an anniversary coming up.I better put a bug in hubbys ear : ))

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I kinda screwed up. I found the list of what plants were sent laying under the desk. I hope when my person gets their plants they email me if they have any questions and don't know what they are.

This message was edited May 21, 2007 5:58 PM

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi,
Mine went out today and I am sorry I forgot to put in a note... I am brain dead.
Susan

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Judy,
Your package is on the way.
The DC# is 0306 2400 0000 7727 1012

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

You pay more postage and the mail gets slower. I get really tired of it myself.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, My boxes have not went out, sorry all, I will have them out on the 29th, as now I don't want them to be in PO on Holiday.

If you have not receied or mailed your box, please let me know. I will send any boxes I need to make up at the same time.

For the record I am sending to Makshi and my sister is sending to Eufaula, I am sorry they are late, Seems to happen to me a lot lately. However Please rest assured you will get boxes. I promise.

Hope you all are enjoying these swaps. I enjoying organizing and just love getting plants.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey All , I mailed my box to SNBoyken on the 15th, I still havent heard from anyone! I hope it made it to her! I know with the heat during the day , if the plants are still in the PO ,or in route they probably didnt make the trip! I packed them in zip locks with water crystals, thinking they would take only a couple of days to arrive! Now Im worried that the heat may have cooked them.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh my Sharon, you were typing while I was typing!!!! Oh I do feel much better now! I cant wait to get your Sisters package! Yaaaaaay!!!!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes I received your lovely box, I forgot to post that in the above and My sister received from Buttoneer as well.

I love those water crystals, I had never seen them before, all the plants look great, I hope to get the potted Thursday/Saturday. Have company coming for the weekend so I have just about have all my other work done.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Susan51,
thank you very much for
the plants.
Susan send me a package
with some wonderful plants.
I received Jade, Haworthia, and
two more plants that I'm not sure
of the name.
I would like to post pictures,
but at this time I'm not able to.
Once again Susan Thank you
Gale

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

If mine has not arrived at its new home yet I am afraid they are probably dead. I mailed them last Fri. so that has been a week.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I mailed mine yesterday so hopefully they will get there tomorrow.

Makshi, I am sure your buddy got your plants..and just did not have time to post yet.

Char

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Im still waiting on pins and Needles!!!!! The mail doesnt run until after 2:00, maybe I should take the lawn chair and a pair of sunglasses down to the Highway and sit by the mailbox!!! Hmmmm, the flower bed could use some weeding!!!!
Come on Snailmail!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Char,On vacation this week so just a quick note to let you know the box arrived today.Camera is on the outs so I can't post a pic right now but hopefully will have it back up and working soon.Thank You for the nice healthy starts. : )
Nancy

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane,
Mine did arrive at my house alive... I am so sorry... Allot of reasons why I have not been on but not enough time to go into it... :-( I do know what some are but what is the big cactus??? The bugger stabed me when I unwraped it..LOL Pay back for making you wait to hear from me... I loved all you sent and cant thank you enough... Also where were the steaks that they said were in the box???? hahahahah
Hugs,
Susan

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Susan,

I ate the steaks so I could use the box for your plants. :) The cactus is a madagascar palm (think I spelled it right). It can get really tall and it will get leaves also. Mine doesn't seem to like the direct sun. You can play with where to sit it.

Regards,
Diane

PS Hope things a getting calmer for you.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Diane, Seems like everytime I think things are calming down something else hits.. but I am really not complaining, ok so I am but not to much for there are people with allot worse things then my poor things ....LOL Oh no steaks, darn it...LOLOLOL
Sue

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Susan,

I certainly won't be having anymore of them because these were a gift . I wouldn't buy them myself because I think they are high priced and not as good as the price. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.