Extra greenhouse panels?

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hello, This is a long shot but I am wondering if anyone has any extra twin wall poly. I need at least one 2'x4' piece but two would be awesome. I don't care what mil thickness the poly is and I am willing to pay for it..
I am hoping for someone in Ohio or not too far from the I-70 corridor into Indiana. My folks live in Kokomo and I go that way frequently so anyone who is somewhat close to Richmond or New Castle or any of those towns would work also..
Having a piece of poly shipped to my home is insane..the poly itself only runs $56 but once you add shipping $84 and some strange packing charge $56. it would cost me $200 for a 4'x8' piece of twinwall..ouch..
The other thought is that is anyone is about to order their own shipment of Twinwall I could go in with them and pay the difference?
I am still going to try to buy a piece off of a local greenhouse but someone suggested that I try this option also so here I am.. Thanks in advance

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Woohoo!! I found a place where I can get just what I want for about $50 shipped and everything! I didn't think how easy it was to say.. I need 2 pieces of 2x4 poly..then they only charged me freight for the 2 foot length. Other places I had to buy the full sheets and that was (as I said before) really expensive! I can't wait for it to get here so I can silicone those bad boys in.. No more wind popping out the panels for me!.
OK.. people have done just using silicone or silicone and screws.. and just the silicone has worked?? or should we go for the screws also just to be safe? I DO NOT want to lose panels again and now is the time to do it right!

West Bridgewater, MA

punkin,

From what I've seen there is usually a trim piece that goes over the panel sides & that is secured w/ stainless screws.
On mine they wanted the bottoms siliconed only but there was a sticky 2 sided tape that sealed the panels in place on the sides.

Hope this helps,

Keywest

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

hmm.. that would keep the screws from pulling through the poly.. I have a Harbor Freight GH if that helps

East Aurora, NY(Zone 5a)

Someone on another thread recommended a poly elastameric caulk. I'm having a difficult time locating this caulk locally in clear. Will a silicone caulk work as well on a gh? Thanks.

Rancho Cordova, CA(Zone 9a)

I also have a Harbor Freight and have been using #6 x 3/8 inch sheet metal screws with small washers. I drill a small pilot hole and screw it in.

I used this method to add a second layer of plastic on the inside of the front wall. There were many thin cracks in their design, they are all blocked now

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Happytrail. I don't know about the silicone caulk but that is what we ended up using. so far we haven't had any incidents but we really haven't hit the "windy " season yet.. By next planting season I should know

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.