Any grass enthusiats out there ?

Independence, KY(Zone 6a)

Inquiring about a lawn grass seed called Defiance XRE Tall fescue? Is this type of grass seed any good and is it worth the extra money? Also can anyone provide any information about Sea grass?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

kinnepak, You don't even want to see my lawn! Hopefully, someone else can help you out.
Dave

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

And where is bigcityAl when we need him? He likes lawn.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm back. Unfortunately for this part of the world tall fescue is considered a weed and customers always call it crabgrass or quackgrass or whatever ;) I do know that they have been working on making the leaves thinner and with more upright less clumpy growth. Beyond that I am of not much help.
Don't know anything about sea grass either.
I would have to say you are on your own about researching them, grass is big money and good research material so most cultivars are documented.

Al

Independence, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Al but here in Northern KY it is hard to keep Bluegrass alive in the hot drought ridden summer. The tall fescues are almost drought resistent

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I know. You are in the transition zone there then I would imagine.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Well I'm a bit confused....it's always been called Kentucky Blue up here....???

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Well, we have tall fescue growing in our fields(along with many other grasses) and the seed spikes are beautiful with a purple color to them, long seed spikes that are very soft to the touch before the seed ripens. I enjoy walking through the lots and letting the seed spikes run through my fingers! The animals have always liked the hay produced with it. Not sure if what I have is the variety that you are speaking of.

Califon, NJ

I used to enjoy the "weed with its roots in Hades", but gave it up years ago!

How about decorative grasses? I'm interested in ones that will do well here in northwestern central NJ and that have a relatively low habit (under 5' tall).

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Funny Red!
I'm looking for plants that grow in the northeatern part of south-central CT.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.