flowering today -pictures please!

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

Does anyone have anything flowering today that would look great in front of white peonies? my tree peonies have already bloomed but my herbaceous ones(double and single) are just about in full bloom. Maybe something purple or pink? i will post pic later tonight.

How about some columbine. I have columbine near peony but the peony got covered with extra soil from construction and of course, has not bloomed.
I think they would look lovely together in the garden and in a vase.
You are so lucky to enjoy a tree peony! I am green with envy :)

GGG

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

great idea! i actually saw some the other day and didnt think to buy some. i have never planted columbine, does it bloom for a long time?

i do have to put the tree peony in some shade and i seem to have the perfect spot for it. i actually bought two of them at pikes end of summer sale last year for $10 each and my dog ate one one of them to the ground. it came back and grew as tall the the other but didnt flower. i hope next year. i also found some beautiful purple ones at autumn hill nursery that i hope will flower next year as well. i just love peonies but i wish they bloomed for a longer time.

Columbine does not bloom for all that long in our climate. Wish it did!

GGG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.