Too many cannas?

Dothan, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi all,
If anyone is thinning out their canna bed and would like to find a new home for them, please let me know. I am trying to get one started....I don't care about size or color. I have lots of space and ugly alabama grass. I hope to have lots of canna gardens in the future...
I will even take seeds.

Thanks
Gail

Manahawkin, NJ(Zone 7a)

I have many canna roots that I would be happy to share, but only one kind. It was given to me so I don't know its name. It grows tall with red flowers. I believe it may be the kind common name Indian Shot. I read about that in the book "Passalong Plants". The seeds are so hard they were used like BB's. I could send you a box of roots, and you could note the postage cost and reimburse me. Anne Paola.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I bought two cheap bags of bulbs at Wal-Mart this spring and they actually came up! They haven't bloomed yet so I don't know what color. I have just one little row, hopefully they will grow and spread. If they do I'll share with you next year. I DO love Cannas!!!!!
Pati

Dothan, AL(Zone 8b)

HI,
I sent you both a Dmail.
Thanks
Gail

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I too am looking for Canna bulbs if anybody has extras to spare.. The previous house we lived in I had a bunch of them. I would give them away to everybody who asked and they kept on multiplying. Since we have moved here 7 years ago I have bought some from Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Lowes to plant with not much success. I just love the cannas any kind or any color and would love to have the canna beds also.
Thanks! Teresa.

Orlando, FL

In exchange for postage I can share roots....I have a lovely and hardy orange one...that has not been identified yet...here is picture of the actual bloom tho. I will make another post for my red ones.

Thumbnail by Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

Here I am again...this is the picture of my red ones....I also have Yellow king humberts...but no picture..you can look them up in plantfiles. And just so you know...I sent 5 roots to my friend and it cost just under 7 dollars. I send them bare root and parcel post..cheapest way I have found to send them. Send me a dmail if you are interested. Here is the picture...the flowers are almost a poppy red at times..others are more christmas red..not sure why.

This message was edited Sep 5, 2007 3:31 PM

Thumbnail by Moofiepoo
Dothan, AL(Zone 8b)

Moofiepoo i sent you a dmail
thanks gail

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I forgot to check back here. Just wanted to say that I received some canna bulbs for postage! Thank you so much Moofiepoo, you have been wonderful!!!!! ;o)

Orlando, FL

You are welcome. I will have a ton more come spring.

Robyn

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have extra red ones when I dig if anyone still needs some. The hummingbirds loved them.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

makshi - I pulled up, by the stalk, one that was growing a foot or so away from the clump, tossed it into a pile of weeds, scooped up the pile put it in my compost pile .... lo and behond, the canna took root. Weeks afterward I spotted a flower bed at a commercial location were the cannas were growning beyond a decorative fence and I asked the owner if I could pull up the ones outside. She said yes, I did and in no time they were sending out more roots and producing offspring in a bucket of water ..... you might want to try just yanking them out of the ground.

Judy

San Antonio, TX

Moofiepoo: if u still have some of your orange canna for postage, I would be interested; plmk

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

Moofiepoo/Robyn,

Do you still have any (extras) of the Yellow King Humbert canna tubers that you would be willing to send for postage reimbursement?

Thank you for your consideration...
Jan

Orlando, FL

I have shared more than 40 tubers over the last month...I did not see that coming. I am temporarily out. But come next march/april...I will have a ton of babies all over again. So keep in touch. I love sharing...living in Florida they grow all the time.

You all have been great...thanks
Robyn

De Soto, MO

If anyone has any left, I would like some. Will gladly pay postage
June

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.