How do you get Cypress Vine to germinate?

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I have soaked the seeds for 2 days and they are still hard as a rock. Any suggestions?

West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't remember, but I think I nicked mine first.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

you can gently nick them off to the side. not the pointed end. nick them then plant. bottom warmth for a few days and should have baby plants.

take a pair of small toe nail clippers and just barly cut the seed coat. some people use mini scissors and nail files . just dont cut to deep as you will cut into the baby.

i just usually get it where the nail clippers are barly cutting just enough to make a slit. look on the morning glory forum for ways to germinate them. there are several ways to like adding hydrogen peroiode to the water. most just nick them though.

thanks folks

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Heat! I have a small forest popping up, it's been very hot here already :o)

I just set them out on top of a little heater I have in the greenhouse. It's turned down low so will not harm the seeds. Hope this works.

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I started mine on top of my fridge after soaking overnight and had no problem. Tamara

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

They are so invasive here, I wish they wouldn't germinate..Yes they are pretty and the hunmmers love them...but such a pest for me...I leave a section of fence for them and roundup the rest..

Larkie

Still no luck.........

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Have you tried different brands of seeds? For me, I've had poor germination with Thompson and Morgan seeds. Tamara

not sure where I got these. Perhaps a trade. I now have the heliotrope I can't get to sprout on top of the fridge. Will try that with the cypress vine.

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I had 100% germ. with my Cypress vine seeds from Onalee's: http://onaleeseeds.bizhosting.com/sunny_garden___vines.html In fact, all the seeds I got from her had excellent germ. I will definitely be ordering from her again! Tamara

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.