My great find!

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

Last night I went to Walmart and Lowes for 6-pack annuals. I spent about $20, which is well worth it because I can fill so many planters with my coordinated plants.

BUT while at Walmart I saw the trash can which was full of dried up flats (pots about 2"x2") of pink wave petunias. I can use those nice square pots and their pans for growing on perennials which I start from seed. All in all, I think I got about 90 2x2 pots. The best thing is the throw away flats still have some live pink wave petuntias- about 24 to be exact. I have watered them and even some of the dried up ones seem to be coming to life! What a bonanza. Now my annual pots will really be extravagant.

I currently have seven pots of different sizes filled with seed grown apricot nasturtiums. I planted two more: peach and strawberry something mixed together.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!