Jeanne, can you hear meeeeeee? lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

okay, I know this one, I know this one...... mmmmmm man, I know I've seen this before - what in the world is it's name?

*Just so everyone can have a chuckle at my expense - this is the spot where I first started planting clematis, and they kept getting broken (by kids, cats, me when weeding) and I didn't know what I was doing (still don't!) and now I believe there are 4 or 5 different clems coming up this year and I don't know what any of them will be because I thought they were all dead.

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

No clue on the name (I do not know what any of mine are) I think clematis are pretty tough vine contrary to what every one thinks. Mine have been broken, stomped and eaten or damaged in some way by kids, cats, dogs, chickens etc. and they seem to always come back

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The coloring is hard to determine..Is it a florescent pink or light pink..it could be clematis "Pink Champage" aka "Kakio" or.............

This message was edited May 2, 2007 11:11 AM

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha marie - I'm glad I'm not the only one, ... vadap made some gorgeous markers for his I am going to try to get all the names this year so I can copy that idea. I think this is a common clem.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Asao"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah I plan to get mine identified and try and put markers next to all of them this year too. I just suffer from a condition that causes me to foget everything. It has to do with working full time living an hour from work and still having 4 out of 5 kids at home!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank-you Jeanne, I think it is 'Pink Champagne' the color is pretty vivid dark pink - I think the pic is true to color. You are the best!

Marie - WOW 5 kids, of course you don't have markers, they would have been pulled out of the ground anyway - right?
I have 3 kids 9, 6 & 4. I'm thinking I can get them to help me with the markers.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I thought so but camera colors can vary and "Pink Champagne" has a brilliant florescent color that is unmistakeable!!..Congrats..now get your little self out there and mark that baby!!..LOL...Jeanne

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous! Just the beginning of a beautiful parade of Clematis colors & shapes.

For comparison: http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/clematis/page78.htm

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

you know what is strange Shirley, mine doesn't have the coloring on that link, but it looks exactly like the picture of 'pink champagne' on Brushwood Nursery ??? just different pictures I guess. Thank-you, I'm excited to see some clematis in my yard this year, can't wait for next !!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yea..that pic on the link that Shirley gave seems more red than mine

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, I think mine is more purple than pink... but two flowers just opened yesterday, so they probably fade into pink ?

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Here's mine to add your comparing notes. LOL Your's is beautiful!!

Debbie

Thumbnail by baja220
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

thank you debbie, yours is too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.