help with something "new" for fig ivy

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

I've seen some very creative container gardening going on here....I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got a couple of fig ivys in gallon containers needing to be repotted. Any ideas on a 'cute, creative, and different way to pot them up? I bought a couple of trellises at the Dollar Store thinking I'd come up with a way to use them. (no ideas, yet) One is a standard 'fan' trellis about 3 feet high. The other is a little arch/arbor about 2 ft high and 1 ft wide. Any ideas with or without using the trellis' will be greatly appreciated!

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure what a fig ivy is. I tried to look it up and came back with english ivy (hedera helix)? If that's what you have, there are pictures with trellises. I went to plant files and typed in fig ivy. It might not be any help to you, but I tried.
I got a rectangular pot at dollar tree and planted my ivys in it. I'm not too sure what kind of ivy it is. It's the first time I tried "container" gardening. They haven't died yet, so maybe it will get fuller and look better. Here is a picture of my first attempt:)
Good luck, Elizabeth

Thumbnail by ejennings
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Ficus pumila?

Al

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

Al- Do you think you can help me with the name of mine? I might have known at one time but seems I've forgotton :)
Thank you,

Elizabeth

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Looks like Epipremnum aureum to me, but there are others more expert in houseplant ID than I who will confirm or correct me. ;o)

Al

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

Thank you!! I will go post a picture now!
Elizabeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.