Lemon Geranium Pound Cake

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

So, I should probably post this on the herbs or geraniums forum, but since I live in North Carolina, it's the Carolina forum for me.

The Captain built an 8x8 raised bed for me, and I am making it into an herb garden. Planted the basics - basil, oregano, thyme, etc., mixed with what I hope will be blooming flowers, edged with liriope and vinca. I also planted a lemon scented geranium and a rose geranium.

The Flag Fork Herb Farm in Lexington, Kentucky, serves a delicious lemon geranium pound cake. If you are interested, like me, there is a recipe on Southern Living's web site - the pan is lined with geranium leaves to scent the cake. Can't wait to try it, and thought I'd share this idea. If you can't find it on Southern Living, D-mail me your regular email address and I'll send it to you, along with a very interesting recipe for rose geranium pound cake from chow.com

Lastly, Herbalpedia's web site has a great chapter on scented geraniums, with wonderful recipes for foods and cosmetics, all using scented geraniums. I am anxious to try some of them, and thought you might be interested, as well.

Entlie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.