Woodland Iris Gardens

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Has anyone ordered Iris from this company before? They have some great pictures...just didn't know if anyone had experience with them or not.
Thanks,
JanetS

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Check them out at:

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/1178/

Personally, I'll never order from them again.

Neil

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, that is kind of what I expected. The old saying...you get what you pay for, or if it sounds too good to be true..LOL It is ashamed people like that remain in business!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet,
I have ordered from them twice. The first time cause they were the only ones that had an iris I wanted (they hybridized it). They sent a lovely bonus plant for a small order.

I then did place a little bit larger order (11) from them last year and several of them have already bloomed and were accurate. So far I have had no major problems but that is just my story. I did purchase because I needed cheaper, they had a good variety and I wasn't placing a very large order.

While I have no complaints it does look like others do.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Very interesting Texas...were your plants really small or were they normal fans?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I considered them to be normal size. They were in no way as big as say Schreiner's or Mid-America's but they were a decent size. I would not have considered them to be shriveled or smallish. I also must comment that most of what I ordered were some historics and probably less popular irises. They weren't new intros or even intros within the past few years.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, that is good to know...I may reconsider, I saw just a few that I really wished I had...and they are just not that expensive, so, hmmmm you have me thinking...lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.