Linaria????

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

AKA - toadflax. I have about a zillion of these sprouted, but really don't know much about the plant. Can they be used around roses? Can they go in containers?

How do other people use them?

Cheers,
Seandor

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Kassia was told by a lady who sells rose's that they are a great companion to plant at the base of the rose's. I have mine planted at the feet of my clematis and oriental lilies. I'm thinking I'm going to plant them at the base of my rose's too!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Good! 'cause I have zillions!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Are those the seeds I sent? Mine took off like wildfire too!! I already have blooms!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes - the same seeds. I winter-sowed them. Now I must plant them HOS style - there are too many, too close together to pot them up - there must be 300 or more little plants!

I have never seen these before - they look like little snapdragons. (Got lots of those started too.)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

They are like a mini snapdragon with a variety of colors too!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Excellent. well, I certainly have plenty. thanks for the seeds. Can I collect seeds from these?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I think so..the lady who gave them to me did, but she said you have to watch for them as the birds will eat them right up!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I will defintly plant the seeds outside sunday.... mulch will be delivered thursday and the landscape crew should bring the big stone for the front (that the landscaper gave it to me as a "peace offering gift" since I was about to call him names #@$%^^&).

I got the aged special black forest mulch (which the guy guarantees that is well aged compost mulch! got it for a good price since I got 3 yards!) so after thursday my garden should look decent.... oh well, I still have tons of work to do... Michaela saw the white elephant I gave myself!!!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey! I told you in three years you are going to look like a genius! This year you will look like an enthusiastic amateur. You will think you are in heaven, surrounded by all those fragrant roses!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

they're so pretty. I think I'll put them in the cottage garden.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I think that would be lovely gram. I like the fact that it gives so many different colors in one bunch! So far I have seen lilac, almost white w/a hint of lavender, hot pink w/white center and magenta-pink with a yellow center!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Are they perennial? How can yours have flowers already if they are annuals?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I planted them inside a while ago....they started blooming last week.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Ah . . . so they have a headstart. Once classes are over this week, i will attempt to pot up some of the hundreds I have (who know so many would germinate! sure sign of a rookie!)

I will share the others with my neighbours.

thanks for the seeds Pixie. I will be saving every seed I can this year so I can return the favour.

Seandor

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

next time I may start mine inside. I w/s'd mine, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.