What's Blooming Today?

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

It's really warm down here and a lot of progress is being made in blooming perennials. I am really getting excited about the 2nd year of growth on my new place.

So Dale, you asked for a new thread, and with it comes more pics.

Can't remember the name of these, but it is my hummingbirds' favorite!

Thumbnail by MollyMc

In keeping with the blue/purple actually, a lovely Siberian Iris Darius shared with me last year.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Here we have "Wild Bird Seed" fallen to ground.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

A single tall Zinnia

Thumbnail by MollyMc

I forgot what this is, and I don't even remember where it came from but it is bushing out beautifully and showing wonderful flowers.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Kim's Knee High, and the pink is by far a lot more striking than it appears on digital!

Thumbnail by MollyMc

These are the old reliables in my gardens. The Lantana love the dry hot sand and never fail to return. The first are the orange/yellow

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Wild Phlox. Don't know how it got here, musta been some bird dropped it from one end or the other.

Landed in my Florida Native bed so I am very happy to see them.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Only one of 3 that I bought last year came back. I love the agastache. They smell so sweet.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Like the Lantana, I also love these Gaura, and they seem to love it here. This one is variegated both in foliage and bloom. It really does have white blooms and the split white and pink.

I also have a lot of native gaura growing here. I try to transplant them up close to the house whenever I get a chance.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Heuchera, Hollywood

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Tiarella, Candystriper

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Tiarella, Black Snowflake

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Honeysuckle

Thumbnail by MollyMc

I don't remember what this low mounding, slowly spreading ground cover is. I have 2 and I like the way they look and act.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

And maybe they aren't perennial, they might be here in Florida, but I just can't skip these Wave Petunias. They just keep blooming happily away brightening the entrance to the pathway.

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

OK I'll add to the pile of pictures...

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Had the camera and some spare time today..

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Digital is not as high quality as film, but, sure is cheap.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Looks like the answer to 'What's blooming?' in FL is 'Everything!'. what great pics...again!!

Molly the color on the iris is wonderful. everything is so pretty. I like your groundcover, too.

things are coming along here. lots of daffs. tulips are coming. the rhodies took a beating but are starting to bloom...don't think they'll be much to look at, but they survived the weird weather.

Thumbnail by grampapa

What a lovely collage of photos G.papa!!!!

One day when I am not so lazy on the puter, I will figure out how to do that. I have a photo program, just too busy working a job, gardening and so many other things, and not enough time!

Molly
:^))))

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Molly great plants and pictures! Which agastache is that? I think your first picture was a salvia-if it was blue and white it may be Strata. Beautiful:)

dmac,

Thanks so much!!!! That's Heather Queen. I figured the blue/purple was a salvia, but one with smooth leaves instead of fuzzy ones.

:^)))))

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Orchids are blooming

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Salvia

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

More orchids

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Hippeastrum 'Charisma' opened yesterday.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Shade grown viola are doing fine.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Shrimp plants are starting their summer show.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Kim's Knee High looks like it's a great color. I love vivid, bright colors. Molly, your salvia looks like the salvia Farinacea that blooms in my yard each year. Mostly an annual here, but some do live through the winter plus it reseeds. Nice source of color in the late summer and into fall. How great to have color all year long like you do.

susan

Susan, Thank you. But we don't have color here all year. There are a very few flowers that love freezing weather, but when the lows went down to 12, everything froze and turned to mush. The greenhouse even went down to 25 that night with no heat.

Until this past month I was accused of having a war zone for a yard. There aren't too many evergreens living here. Even the confederate jasmine will turn brown when it's really cold.

I was really happy to see things coloring up and putting out new growth. Totally different growing environment from S Florida.
But I do love it here.

Molly
:^)))

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

molly, here's your fifth picture. i just love that stuff. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/34564/

Tracks,

Thanks for taking the trouble to find that for me. I love it too!!!!!

Molly
:^)))

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, Dale, so jealous of the orchids...they're beautiful!

my rhodies are not as bad as I thought they would be.

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

my first tulips...Angelique

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

here's one before they opened so wide.

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

the last of my daffs

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

the muscari have peaked