Spring bulb blooms!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Since I'm in the process of moving, I'm cutting most of my spring bulb flowers to enjoy at the new place where I'm spending my nights now. I'm loving vases of fragrant blooms all over the house so much, this will have to continue!

I was in a pastel mood this morning:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

A cobalt blue vase of Tulip 'Ollioules'

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

And when the tulips started to fade a bit, they became the "frog" to hold these 'Fragrant Rose', 'Stainless', and 'Silent Valley' Daffodils.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I love Single late tulips for cutting. The long, graceful stems make them gorgeous without arranging. I prefer the simplicity of just the blooms arranging themselves :)

This is 'Sorbet', as yummy as the name!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Neal, you have gorgeous tulips and daffs. The arrangements are lovely, wish I could smell them :~)

Lana

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Lana. 'Fragrant Rose' is hands down the winner for fragrance, and they lasted wonderfully in the vase. Something I'm already loving about this old house is that it cools down every night, and the trees keep it pleasant during the day. Cut flowers last so much better for me now :)

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

That's great! Can't wait to meet you at the RU :~) I hope 'Fragrant Rose' is one of the bulbs in our trade! I love fragrant flowers and am really looking to put more fragrance in my garden.

Lana

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

gosh, gemini_sage.....this is awesome....thanks for posting.
I have drifted off into lala land with the african violets and all their cousins......be back at the end of the summer when I actually have flowers outside (LOL)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.