What is it?

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I have no clue what it is, never seen anything like it.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

The whole plant.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Largo, FL

Dale,

I have one of these plants. It is Uncarina roeoesliana. I grow it in full sun and it blooms for most of the growing season.

Robin

http://www.huntingtonbotanical.org/WhatsInBloom/sept05/sept05-Pages/Image28.html

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

That was fast, thanks Robin.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

love mine too.

Tampa, FL

Hi Dale, In our tampa, it blooms and blooms and blooms!! I gifted mine to a friend as it got so large i was getting tired of watering it...it likes alot of water! It does like to drop it's leaves and blossoms all over the place...but it is worth the efforts for it's non-stop blooms! sue

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

My friend in so Cal has a big one and says the same
They are very sloppy with leaf drop lol!!
But that caudex rocks!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

No kidding about loving the water...I didn't know this plant was such a water hog when I invited it to live here in the desert with me (duh) but I do enjoy the blooms! It wants water every day here now (arrggghhhh) or it throws a snit and drops even more leaves than usual. A fuzzy prima donna. Not sure how long term this relationship will be! ;-)

Tampa, FL

lol, Sheri, Why do you think i gave it away!! Even in our humid state..it "sulks"if you forget to soak it even one day!! The aphids were loving it too...thank goodness for the Bayers Systemic..of course the fertilizer in that made the dern thing grow even more!! It was lovely, but i am glad it got a good home...the new owner is thrilled with "unkie"...sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.