What do I have?

Florence, SC(Zone 8a)

I have some passalong Iris that is blooming and wondered if someone might know what variety I have. This came from my grandmother's garden, to my aunt's, to my dad's and finally to me.

Thumbnail by Pameliap
Florence, SC(Zone 8a)

Here's a closeup.

Thumbnail by Pameliap
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

It is very pretty!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Pameliap - The purple ones are hard to Id. It looks alot like my passalong iris from my dad. Yours also appears to have "red" markings on the hafts.

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug
Florence, SC(Zone 8a)

Someone suggested Lent A Williamson. Mine doesn't have any red (I just have a lousy camera, lol). Here's a pic of the one suggested, but it seems bluer (once again - could be the camera).

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1119376929032621402LrcGVy

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't think yours looks like that one at all...it is very hard to find the names of the older ones...I have several and not many of them have been ided....lol

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have already ruled out Lent a Williamson for mine. I think mine will forever remain a very beautiful NOid.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Like Doss told me...name it for someone you love or whomever you got it from and enjoy it! LOL I have several that are just "(so and so's) Iris" and they bring me so much pleasure! Especially the ones that are in my family for generations! They are very special to receive and pass along! I hope one of my children will be a gardener one day and appreciate some of the wonderful things I have in my gardens!

Swainsboro, GA(Zone 8b)

What about William A. Setchell?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/24164/

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have one given to me by a friend named Holly, so I refer to it as Holly's Yellow. I admired it in the patio garden in her restaurant so she agreed to trade. It has worked out well for me and I see the ones I traded her in her patio garden every spring.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Now the picture of Holly's Yellow

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

WOW! That is beautiful!! I love yellow flowers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.