prim roses cant beat them for spring color!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Does any one have them mine are so beautiful this and every spring. I have four giant plants they absolutly stunning this year they are yellowish and a deep pink. I also have deep purple, deep red, and bright yellow. We can see them from the back yard they are so bright in color you cant beat them for the best spring color can you????

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i dont have them but i want some! i just started shade gardens a few yrs ago and still havent gotten any primroses!

do you have pics?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

no i dont i will have to get my daughter to take some with her digital camera for me. Thanks for the reply.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh good i cant wait to see them. Im going to have to get me some this yr-making a list!!!
Do they need any special care-im not good at babyin plants. I plant-they grow otherwise they GO!

have a great day-waiting for pics!
dori

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

No really all I do is plant them I always use alittle bit of plant tone on all of my plants.
i get alot of mine on clearance at the end of the season. When they are only a quarter or something like that.
But they are just a beautiful little flower. My giant primroses are very large this year. They like a good amount of shade. I have kinda dappled shade where they are. Are you one to move the plants that are struggling in your yard? I,ve seemed to move them in a very great place the ones that have never blossomed before have blossomed. . Ronna.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hey dori we are having trouble with the whole picture thing the pictures turned out beautiful but we cant get them to load onto the screen duhduh we will try again ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

C:Documents and SettingsOwner.YOUR-479A9E2C65My DocumentsMy Pictures2007-04 (Apr)HPIM0484.JPG C:Documents and SettingsOwner.YOUR-479A9E2C65My DocumentsMy Pictures2007-04 (Apr)HPIM0487.JPG C:Documents and SettingsOwner.YOUR-479A9E2C65My DocumentsMy Pictures2007-04 (Apr)HPIM0480.JPG

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh how pretty! i never knew we could grow them here.
Ive killed all the ones I try to grow in the house. lol

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Mine are beautiful..I also kill the ones in the house...but..if they make it to buy this time of year and put out..they grow..so well..In checking...the which has a nice smell...try the more Orange..and peach ones...I just love them..Also..when I could get out and trim the spent blooms away...close to the beginning stems..they would rebloom...can't do that now..but try it...you might be surprised...hehe..and mine do bloom..early even though the snow..Maybe I can get you a picture...

Smiles..Diana....

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I just received one in a trade yesterday. I never knew they could be so pretty. Mine is a dusty rose. :o)
The person who sent it to me said , morning sun only, but I don't have that so it is in a semi shade spot. Hope that works.
toofew

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

we have better pictures of my giant primroses ill see if we can get them on the scrren.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

A bigger primrose

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

look at all the sweetwoodruf too-PRETTY
i must have some of these babies-lots of em!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing all this info!! im sold -could this be another addiction?

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have never tried primrose but they sure are beautiful.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori I love the sweet woodruff..too..but watch where you put it...lol...

smiles...Diana...

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is my row...of them all colors..

Smiles..Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

beautiful!!!!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

diana your row of primroses is beautiful. they look like a rainbow. I want to get some more I just love all the colors. Most of mine blossom a couple time a year. Ever when they are really tiny there can be the smallest flower on there. I think they are smiling. And you are exactly right about the white sweet woodriff. They really do spread but I love the scent Ronna

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Diana those are beautiful, I am going to have to check in to getting some to put around my raised bed in the front or along the front of the bed by the privacy fence.

Thanks for the photo :o)

My gd gave me a little surprise today, check out the photo. My great grand child is due November 9th (My sons bd is the 8th) :o) I just had to share the first picture, it's still way to early to know if its a boy or girl, but isn't it amazing :o)

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Connie, Big Congrats to the Great Grandparents, Grandparents and parents! :o)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

pepsidrinker congrats on the new baby to be... November is a nice month for a bday thats when mine is also. but lets hope its not born on mine its way later in the month. we wouldnt want her to be that overdue right??? that would be a bumber. Ronna cant wait to hear what the baby is.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks toofew & gardenlady, I can't wait to hold it lol. But with the way the days and weeks and months are flying by, (and the years) I won't have long to wait. It just seems like yesterday, I was holding my grandbabies in my arms and here they all are in there teens and now I am gonna be a great granny... My daughter called night b4 last and said mom you won't believe what Keirsten is craving... ROFL I said BLT's and she said how'd you know. I said OH I have my ways *grinning* (I took her to the store Saturday and she bought bacon lettuce and tomato's.)

gardenlady, my sons BD is Nov 8th, 2 of my aunts bd is on the 6th and my annivesary is the 20th, my mom past away on the 21st and my dads bd is the 22nd. I just hope the summer goes good for Keirsten, and she doesn't have a hard time with the heat.

Well I am off to start my day, hope you all have a good one :o)

*waves bye bye*

Connie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well your dad has the best b-day then. hes the winner!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.