I`m waiting...

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

OK...this is just too much.

Cleopatra is about to bloom! I can`t wait.... oh yes,I can. I have to. :)

Thumbnail by gardener2005
(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

OOOO... that is a nice one withlots of color in the foliage... I am a foiliage nut. I think that bloom is going to be amazing with the colors too. Congratulations.

My Cleo just had one stripe of color on one leaf last year... now she has been in the atrium all winter and is larger but not a single bit of color anywhere except green! I hope she gets her colors back.. anyone know why or if there is hope?

Tammie

I think you have keep an eye on the new growth. You remove anything solid green or solid red to encourage(and hope for) the divided color foilage to continue growing out. Don`t over divide. Just let it grow and see what happens.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2007 12:41 PM

Time for update. This is first little bloom. Can you tell I`m being a little impatient? ha :)

Further out. Ya`ll have good day!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful! If you'd ever like to do a trade, I'd love one, and have several different types of canna. My Cleo has not shown any variegation in the leaves.:(

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

nice bloom and plant - cleo's are beautiful.

Robertsdale, AL(Zone 8b)

What a beautiful plant and flower, Karen. Looks like you have it in a nice setting as well! Thanks for giving us a glimpse! - Arlan

Your welcome! I have another picture showing the garden scene. I`m getting real busy today but will come back with more updates on this one later!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

GOR-JUS ! that is really striking!! More pictures please.

Here is one more. Cleopatra is the center of attention here. :)

This message was edited May 3, 2007 1:01 PM

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That is beautiful! and I love that varigated foliage!

X

Thanks. :)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

What are those red flowers on the Fence ? Paul

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

looks like a climbing rose ??

Hi, Yes, it is a climbing rose. :)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Red Cascade on the fence?

It is Scarlet Meidiland(sp?) It has bloomed out. I`ll update another picture so you can see it in full bloom.

Here are my three climbing roses Scarlet Meidiland on the fence. This is my favorite care free rose. It is good company for the cannas but the thorns aren`t always nice to them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.