Stunning accent plant for large mixed container

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I had to order a couple of these Euphorbia cotinifolia 'Burgundy Wine' for summer....it gets over 2 feet tall and blooms butter-yellow blooms

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It certainly is stunning! I looked it up, expecting a plant of about 2' (just guessing) and was so shocked at how big it gets: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=euphorbia+cotinifolia&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

It is beautiful!

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7b)

I have some smaller euphorbia in container plantings ( I don't remember the cultivar names), w/ lithiodora, ornamental strawberries, viola 'Coconut Swirl', I had some dahliettas in the center, but they were taken out by the late frost (ok, I was naive to think they would make it). I'm going to sub a coleus where the dahliettas were, but the euphorbia & the violas have really taken off & spread out.

The containers are glazed Vietnamese pottery, one is cobalt, the other is a pumpkin shaped hose container, purple underglaze topped w/ cobalt. I have 2 more containers to plant, another cobalt bowl & a soft blue-green hose container. We have so many gorgeous plants coming into the garden center right now, it's hard to choose favorites....

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

gessiegail, this Euphorbia is a real beauty. I've managed to hold mine over the winter for 2 years in a container and am just getting ready to bump it up to a larger pot and plant some 'companions' with it :)

thistle, not "naive" - we were just tricked by Mother Nature this year - she led us to believe we were heading for an early spring, even the perennials and trees/shrubs were foolish enough to believe it - at least we can learn from our mistakes :)

Debbie

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Because of the cold winds, I just had to cut back all hibiscus, double impatiens containers, etc.......on and on.....alternanthera, etc..

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

That's a real shame, my sympathy.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I keep trying to remember what I know to be true (LOL)..."God is Good All The Time".......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.