Hello Rube Goldberg

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

The gutters are up on the shed at last. Hanging the upper run was a real pain since there wasn't a decent place to set a ladder. Besides, what clumsy old man in his right mind would try to hang a 10 foot piece of gutter 14 feet off the ground from the top of a wobbly ladder by himself ? Well there was just enough scrap wood laying around to set up one of Rube's 'lean-to' scaffolds. It worked, though I sure wouldn't want to spend much time up there. For the price of 30 feet of gutter, 20 feet of downspout and attendant fittings I saved the $200.00 minimum plus materials and who knows what, the pro's were going to charge. Plus they would have tromped all over my garden. One more repair out of the way.

Thumbnail by balvenie
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!