Huge bulbs!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

They arrived yesterday, my order from royalcolors with a free H.papilio Butterfly.

Striped Panther is 3.5" diameter and very heavy, a good, firm bulb.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

In my hand,

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Butterfly is wanting to grow, it has the tip of a flower spike peeking through, but is firm and hopefully the flowers will be OK.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Here's what you can expect. Enjoy!

Thumbnail by

I read that Striped Panther makes 3 stems with up to 6 flowers per stem, I will enjoy thanks!

London, United Kingdom

I also received my order from Royalcolors yesterday. I ordered them last Sunday, on your recommendation Wallaby, so six days to delivery isn't bad. I opted for the three bulbs, plus the free H. papillio Butterfly, which was shipping free. Like you I ordered Striped Panther, the others are Exotic Star, and Lovely Garden, has anyone grown them? All the bulbs are large, firm, and healthy, with good plump roots. Exotic Star and the papillio both have tiny flower spikes. Lovely Garden was a large clump, which when I separated them, there were ten bulbs. I am very impressed with the company. Thanks Wallaby! Now I just want to see them in flower. Ranjo.

Oh now I wish I had ordered Lovely Garden! I was being good, didn't want to spend the extra, and haven't got the space! I did read about Lovely Garden increasing well, but you did well there! I saw it selling for around £15 elsewhere.

I'm glad yours were good bulbs too! I went for the Monday delivery and they emailed to say it was posted, I am impressed with them! Perhaps I'll do it again next year and get the three! I want Reggae though!

Do post the pics when they flower!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.