Plant choices for phlox

(Zone 4a)

I love phlox and I have a few different coloured ones however I DO not know their names. They do get that powdery mildew every year too. Can you name me some varieties that are resistant to that mildew please? I love pinks and purples.

I am referring to the taller phlox not the ground cover ones. Thanks.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2007 10:06 PM

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

David is very good (of course!)

(Zone 4a)

Is that just a type of phlox with many different colours or it is just one kind with one colour? I hope that makes sense - it is late here and I just couldn't sleep.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

David is white and very tall. I've had it for 14 years and it multiplies very well and has never had any mildew at all.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I have a list of mildew resistant phlox somewhere. when I find it I will post

(Zone 4a)

Thanks grampapa I would appreciate it. I mean I do like the white phlox but I would prefer to replace some of the colours I already have.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

finally found it. these are not varieties I have grown, but those that I have researched so I can try them, hopefully this year. David is on the list.

Delta Snow (white with lavender)
Red Magic (hot pink)
David (white)
Eden's Crush (light pink with dark pink)
Darwin's Joyce (medium pink)
Blue Boy (lavender with white)
Robert Poore (lavender with white)

(Zone 4a)

thanks so much grandpapa I am going to look them up. I appreciate it.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm still partial to david!

Me, too. It forms clumps so fast.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

And such a lovely name. It means beloved, you know.

(Zone 4a)

Dave you are so cute! I already have some of that David you are talking about - at least I think I do. It is nice big and white flowers. Very pretty.

Gee whiz, Dave, how would you know the meaning of that name?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

yes, beloved Doug, how would you know?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I have a sport of David that I planted last fall - Lavender David. I sure hope it is as good as the white form.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Goes anyone else know what their name means??
Celeste means "heavenly" but not if you asked my 6 brothers!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I think Victor means victor. (that's why he keeps getting the spoils?)

Arlene means Garfield's on-again off-again girlfriend!

Thumbnail by pirl
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Does Jack know???

NO! What happens with Garfield stays with Garfield.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

jack knows jack

He should! He sees him in the mirror every day when he shaves!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Dawn means dawn

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

My husband and I had such a terrible time agreeing on our first daughter's name. We finally resorted to numerology and came up with a name that would add to 11 because that supposedly would be a auspicious name. Anyway, first name is Alicea (means "truth") second name is Marie (means "bitter")

Figured that out after a few months after the birth certificate was registered.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

it's a pretty name.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Anita is a spanish endearement of Anne, which means grace. My mother took it from her best friend at the time.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

my middle name is Fay because my mother had a pretty friend named Fay

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Doesn't Anita mean "little Ann". Used a lot by Italians too (like my other wife)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I do not have any of the names I was born with. My parents gave me ghastly names. By the time I was 17, none of my friends addressed me by my given names. When I got my associates diploma (after 2 years of college) - there were those horrible names! So I had my name legally changed so that no future degree would have those names.

Alas - I had already given my favourite name to my youngest daughter: Mikael Kristina.

So I gave myself the name Beth Michaela

Life is too short to be saddled with a handle you don't like. Both my daughters understand that they are similarly free to change their names to anything they wish. after all, they, not I or DH have to live with the handle.

By the way, Seandor is the name of my role-playing character - if I was allowed to play in role playing games (I won't kill things, so apparently this is a real handicap)

Cheers,
Seandor

Cheers

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

that's correct Dave - 'ita' meaning little is usually a form of endearment.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.