Need help with ID please

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

This was given to me by a friend who was moving. It sends up flower stalks right before the leaves start coming out. I have no idea where she got it. The color in the picture is spot on to the actual color (didn't use flash). Thx in advance!

Thumbnail by blueflower19
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

This next one came with the new house. The leaves were out before the flower stalks came up. The blooms are smaller than the one pictured above.

Thumbnail by blueflower19
Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

The first looks like one called "Red Lion" to me.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I Agree. Here is my Red Lion.

Thumbnail by ilovejesus99
San Antonio, TX

I think I have this type of Amaryllis too. I recently recovered 4 seed pods and how have alot of them. I had questions regarding the planting of these seeds if anyone can answer them. First of all just to confirm that these are the seeds they were in the swollen pods after the flower dropped off. I opened them and there were plenty of flat black colored seeds and I separated them fromt the pod where they were attached. I plan to plant them in 2" pots in a tray, about 16 to a tray. How long will they take before they form the bulb? I read that some seeds do not grow true to the mother plant. Does that mean in color or the way the mother plant looks or ??????? I welcome any suggestions anyone wants to give me as my experience with Amaryllis is very limited. My son in law also has a plant but I think his came out a peachy color. I havent told him how to look for and harvest the seeds. Im going to be sneeky and steal his pods when I see they are ready. I know he wont mind.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I have my seeds floating in water and most are germinating.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.