Samsung...not a good brand????

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Bought a 42" plasma TV from Best Buy in fall 2005---didn't opt for the extended warrenty as it was just over $400!!!! And found out today when called them to see about repair that they STILL charge a 190 bucks JUST TO COME OUT!!!! They fix onsight but charge a $90 service fee and a $100 diagnostic fee. Plus labor and parts. Which I assumed I'd pay of course. I don't mind paying to fix my TV but my gosh I'd never thought it'd cost more than a master electrician or what a doctor would charge. LOL! The TV has always made a buzz sound and even does it with mute on. We just didn't take it in as it didn't bother DH but it always bugged me.

Going to call around and get better rates.

You know I just bought a Samsung DVD/recorder from Target and it was having a loud whirling sound when playing DVD's. Just took that back for exchange to. DH says new one is quiet.

Edited to say problem was diagnosed by a great DGer, seems it is a good brand, we just had a faulty part.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2008 2:35 PM

This thread has 39 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!