Tiled Kitchen Counter Tops...............

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

Does anyone have tiled counter tops in their kitchen ? Do you like them..........or are you like me...........wish you didn't.

I never dreamed how much I would hate the grout ! Not practical at all for kitchen counter tops, (my opinion). My house is only 2 years old, they are very pretty, but I get so tired of worrying if I have them clean enough (sanitary). I use a diluted bleach and water solution on them each day and I'm sure they are fine. But it sure takes more effort than just wiping down the counter tops and being done.

The older I get, the more I look for simpler kitchen care. Maybe I'm becoming more of a minimalist these days. lol This seems to be the same complaint I've had about my ceramic stove top. I just want to simply wipe it down and be done.

We live 10 miles out from town and there are no fast food places around. So naturally I cook and prepare food every single day. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Do any of you have tiled counter tops, and how do you like them ?

If anyone is considering it................ here's a good opportunity to think it over. Wish I had. Now I'm trying to figure out how to convince DH that we need to RE-Do them already. lol

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!