Bugs, disease or both?

Port Townsend, WA(Zone 8b)

I bought these endless summer hydrangeas from a mail order nursery. Needless to say I got my money back. I thought I might try to save them. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by LetsGo
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Your picture doesn't blow up very big so it's hard to tell for sure what's going on. The spots are most likely fungus, and the missing ends of the leaves looked like they got munched by something--rabbit? snail? insects? I would inspect the plant and see if you can find the culprit still on the plant, if so let us know what it looks like but my guess is whatever did the damage isn't there any more so it should be fine.

For the fungus, stuff like that often gets spread by overhead watering so I would be careful about how you water it for a while, once it puts out some new growth that's fungus free you might pull off the infected leaves, I would also repot in some fresh potting soil (or plant in the garden), the fungus is most likely in the soil so you can help keep the problem from getting worse by giving it fresh soil.

Port Townsend, WA(Zone 8b)

Great. Thanks for your help.

Adrian, MO(Zone 6a)

looks like blackspot. or got a little too much water. id just plant it where it gets a little sun and air and see what happens. in afew weeks it'll probably be up and thriving
good luck

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.