first sunny day Mexican flame vine looking up

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

wow, the cold weather has finally gone....now maybe the winds will leave also....took the camera outside to see what is still alive....baby vines are looking for the sun..I planted 7 babies along the fence line....they are happy campers at this point...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

This sure are pretty!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My life is a series of mistakes....I had bought 7 or 9 of these to put along the fence line across from the cattle. I also was planning to plant a lot of esperanzas further down the fence line. The man who was helping me misunderstood what i said....now I have flame vines for a while.....then a few lantana (drat it!!!) and then esperanza.....these little flame vines are tough cookies.....
Elva, I can start taking cuttings or better yet.....I can find them again easily in the nurseries....you sent me brugs which I forgot to pick up, but will in the morning.....I will send you some when I find them again....they aren't hard to find for me.....
gail

Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

Gail the lady at the local nursery is getting me one Thanks just the same.

elva

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

good....you will love them in Premont...you better think of what i can send you!!!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

They look great!!! i think I need a couple more of these around. I have one that is coming back from the roots for the second time, the are tough plants.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Elva, I hope I don't embarrass you by posting on the brug forum to thank you for the biggest gift i have ever received in my life!!!!!! I will make it up to you!!!!
gail

My Flame Vine grew really big all winter, it just won't flower. Any hints? I'm in St. Louis - it's now on the deck - maybe the warm spring temps will bring on the flower show.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I use a granular fertilizer that looks like Osmocote and comes in a 40 lb bag...which is 12-24-12...I always use it when I plant something and put it in the hole...then dirt...then the flame vine....you can always spray with Miracle grow 30-15-30 as a foliar spray....and maybe the sun will take care of it...Yikes, I just saw that you are in zone 6......you just need some sunny warm weather....am in zone 9.....mine didn't start blooming until a month ago...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.