Horn Farm Cannas... How are yours doing?

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Thought I would start us over here in the cannas since the co-op is over... they ran out! LOL Mine were huge when they arrived and very nice. I have not been able to plant them yet but they are growing in the bags... very healthy and determined to grow. I am looking forward to seeing everyones reports and pictures of the ones they got as they progress.

Tammie

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Sounds very exciting Tammie ,
Don`t forget to include some Pics .
How many did you get ?

I bought 24.. don't have a clue where I am going to put them all! Some will go to my parents house. No pictures... unless you want to see one of them growing in the plastic bags! : }

When I dug 10 out of a neighbours footpath,
I planted 8 of them and threw the last 2 on the ground behind my potting bench .
They had a small sod of soil on them.
They lay there for 3 months and I was sure they were dead.
A week ago we got our first rain for 4 weeks .
I now have NEW leaves 6 inches long .
No Soil , No Pot , No TLC. They sure are tough these cannas .

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for starting the thread Tammie. Hi Ginger!! How are you? We order in a co-op from Horn Canna Farm in all over 750 tubers, so when we get flowers we are going to show them off here! LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Tammie, please DO share pictures of your tubers! I wish I had taken shots of mine before planting them. I planted 48 myself!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I've planted mine, can't wait for the foliage since I ordered several that are supposed to have the beautiful striped leaves.

Hi Ginger haven't seen you in a while.

Hi Cindy .
I`ve been on a 3 week BW adventure .
Almost lost my OH .
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3403797
All is well now but a few weeks oh healing is ahead .

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

My goodness Ginger did she fall down a ravine? Does she have a name or is it OT?

What is OT ?

She had climbed up a 30 meter high 80 Deg. cliff face .
When her Back pack moved and threw her off balance .
She slid on her belly for the full 30 mtrs .
Where she grabbed hold of a very small branch and stopped
There is a 50 mtr. sheer drop . Certain death at the bottom of this drop .
It took me 5 minutes to get over to her . Very scary stouff .

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sorry meant OH Geeze she climbs too? Someone needs to examine your brains. Brain thinks you are 25 body not.
I do hope she has recovered with no lingering problems. I know you had a big scare.

Janet.. I tried to take some pics of them growing in the bags but the growth points are small so far and did not really show up. Some have 2 and 3 growth points. There a lots of broken off ones in the bottom of the bags. Has everyone else gotten theirs planted already? I hope I am not the only slow poke. My knee is improving and I hope that I can work in the dirt a little tomorrow without paying for it too much later.

Tammie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

My canna seeds went in pots Sunday. Hope to see something soon.

Seeds? I have 24 huge rhyzomes to get into the ground, pots or anywhere else I can find to put them. I am afraid to move the bags much because I will break off the new growth. Guess I better get them done.. one at a time.

Tammie

I have a few rhizomes that I am giving to my grandma so she can try growing them this year. I am keeping the seeds and hoping they grow. Have to find places for those too but I will prevail!! LOL

One every day and you will have it done in no time at all.
Hasten Slowly I say .
Pep typed over me .
I was talking to Tammie .

This message was edited Apr 21, 2007 11:19 AM

does getting 12 seeds nicked and soaking count? Well, it is not getting the rhyzomes in the ground but it is accomplishing something... creating something else to find a place for a and plant! Stop me... I can't help myself.

Tammie

I type over everyone. I especially love to type over terryr. heeheheheehe. So much fun to needle her that way.

I skipped the soaking part. I just wanted to get them planted that day while I was in the right mood for it and get them done with. Hoping they still come up.

I heard terryr is away ?

You did it again Groooowl .

This message was edited Apr 21, 2007 11:24 AM

Terry was away, went to Tennessee, came back, then she found out that an aunt of hers is dying and she can't go see her cause she lives several states away. She is very upset so she's not posting much if any.

OK .I thought YOU chased her away .

Nah, I can't chase her away.

She is always so caring and interested .

Yep, that's terry.

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

OMG Kell! I didn't realize your OH (dare I say Better Half?) also was crazy enough to climb mountinas for fun! OMG....I agree with Cindy. As fit as you both are, its been quite a while since either of you were 25. Sheeeeeesh! What a scary scary fall. Di her life flash before her eyes? OMG!!! Still, if you must continue with this dangerous pastime, I think ONE of you has to stay at the base camp while the other risks their neck! Better yet, stick to nice safe gardening! lol

Big, big hug for you and your BH (and don't forget to kiss every single one of those boo boos of hers.)
carol

Quoting:
(and don't forget to kiss every single one of those boo boos of hers.)

Haven`t you left out a couple of B`s in that sentence ?

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

ROFLMAO you are a bad boy!

Ok.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2007 1:31 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This message was edited Apr 26, 2007 9:55 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Post new INTERST thread on the Co-op thread...check it out....Horn is ready to do another for us!

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

THANK YOU JANET!!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol you are welcomed!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great I'll be checking it out.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/802050/#new
here's the link.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

wow great do you also have canna stuttgart? I book marked your site ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.