What could these be?

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have had these come up in 3 or 4 different pots outside. They have been growing out there all winter. I am wondering if they are a present from a bird??? In one pot I remember my son throwing some poppy seeds, another some blanketflower. If they bloom I'll post a pic, otherwise they go in the trash LOL

Susan

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Hmmm this one has me puzzled too.

My first thougth was dianthus, but I looked them up and I don't think the leaves are the same.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/108620/
Then I looked at the poppies, and it doesn't match up with those eaither. I have blanket flowers and the leaves on those have fuzzy leaves so I would guess it to be a weed.
Given by the birds or maybe even the wind...

Sorry I couldn't help

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

It looks like a weed that is fairly common here. Wait for it to bloom and decide whether you want to keep it or not. If I remember right it has a small white bloom that has no merit other than spreading its seed everywhere.

Lawrenceville, GA

I had gobs o' that stuff in a low spot in my yard... seems to have grown where rain water collected. I left it for a while thinking it might be a free flower prize and then commenced to pulling when I decided it was weed goo.

I guess that is why they grew so well, all of the pots were in a spot that collected rainwater. So far I have thrown them all out.
I 'inherited' a box of elephant ears so I think I'll pot some of them up. I've heard that if you put them in the ground, they multiply like crazy. One neighbor planted 3 and last year she had 30 or more.

Lawrenceville, GA

Now watch us find out they were a RARE plant grown only in Lawrenceville!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

Could it be some variety of Pachysandra?

I have seen a few more of these pop up in the back yard and am wondering if they are some type form of black eyed susan. I had 3 or 4 different kinds come up last year that were from a 'Bouqet Garden' seed pack.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

They're in my yard again. If I remember correctly they turned out to be a "weed".

I think they are the super tall white wild asters.

GGG

GGG Thank you!!!!!!!! Now I remember I had one come up in my yard last year and didn't have a clue where it came from. I was walking through the park and saw some of the same thing, so I thought it might be a Ga native something.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.