Request feedback on garden cart to sit on and tools

Hudson, NH(Zone 5a)

Looking for a cart to sit on while gardening. (My knees will not allow me on the ground to work.)
Saw this advertisement and before I spend $50. and $30 for shipping, I want to ensure that I am spending my money wisely.
Also, would like to know what gardening tools are best to start gardening, what brand that you recommend and where
you recommend going to acquire them.

FarmTek Growers Supply
Rolling Work Seat - ON SALE!
Item# S103779
Was. $59.95! On Sale Now! $49.95.
Save your back and knees - sit, swivel and roll!
• Avoid pain and injury from stooping, kneeling, or squatting.
• Rugged four-wheeled Rolling Work Seat takes pressure off back, knees and ankles.
• Great for gardening, washing and waxing cars, painting, vacuuming, carpentry, and more!
• Use indoors and out!
• Comfortable, contoured seat swivels, so you can face in any direction.
• Heavy-duty, welded 1" steel tube frame holds up to 300 lbs.
• 4 smooth-riding, 10" pneumatic rubber tires maneuver on any surface.
• 14"W x 31"L. Seat is 18" from ground.

Our Price: ¤49.95 / EA
Estimate Shipping Cost

Quantity:
Product Specifications
Weight 30.000
Availability Usually ships in 24 hours

Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

I have a similar product that is still disassembled (DH hasn't put it together yet). I bought it (i.e., tractor scoot) last December from Gardeners Supply along with other products, so the shipping cost was minimal. I also had a discount coupon code, so I got a pretty good deal on it. And, I purchased it through a shopping portal to receive additional savings (I linked to the site THROUGH the shopping portal, not directly).

I pick up gardening tools from the local big box home improvement centers, and also keep an eye out for end-of-season and clearance sales. We have a local Building 19 store that had an assortment of yard tools a couple years ago (priced well below retail); so, I picked up a variety of them that had my DH in stitches (he couldn't believe I bought this stuff) until we ended up using them last spring. :-) We also have Ocean State Job Lot ~ where I often buy Wells Lamont gloves at decent bargain prices. And, I indulged myself a couple of times when I bought yard tools from Lee Valley (nice stuff albeit a bit pricey; and, Gardeners Supply also carries some of the same things for about the same cost or less).

I search online for Gardeners Supply discount coupon codes. Another thing I do is purchase through a shopping portal (e.g., ebates.com, spree.com, fatwallet.com, etc. ~ whoever offers the greatest rebate percentage for the particular merchant) and receive rebates on a quarterly basis. And, I buy things on sale. So, I reap decent savings by combining sale prices, discount coupon codes (whenever applicable), and shopping through a rebate portal.

Good luck!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

here's a link to the one tehegemon referenced from Gardener's Supply. I have it and it's great! I probably didn't get as good as a deal. if the one you're looking at is similar...get it.

http://www.gardeners.com/Labor-Saving/default/StandardCatalog.EssentialTools_Cat.35-661.cpd

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

rather than bothering with a gardening cart i opt for a bucket w/an organizer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005YX30/ref=pd_cp_hi_title/103-6182891-6677453?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_r=1W7J0V4P7284KEGX5J0Y&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=277661601&pf_rd_i=B000022439

it has a plastic lid that screw on to keep the tools dry/serve as an herganomically [sp???] molded seat. :) much cheaper . not the standard lid, this on is thicker and molded to fit a behind. cant find pics of one though sorry

Hudson, NH(Zone 5a)

grampa, pirl and 1gardengram,
Thank you so much. I just ordered the Tractor Scoot that both 1gardengram and grampa recommended.
The one that I was looking at when I started this thread was not as good (seat did not look as comfortable and it wasn't steerable.) And it was not much, if any more expensive to get the TS because shipping was less than $13, instead of $30 at the other place.

prettyhortgirl, Thank you for the suggestion. If I get more mobile in the future maybe I can go for that for
the other garden I work at in Boston, MA.

Everyone take care and enjoy this beautiful weather!

Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

Who's 1gardengram?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.